DotNetNuke

I am interested in finding a hosting solution with an available general content framework. I have recently read up on DotNetNuke.

Does jodohost support DotNetNuke.

Does jodohost also support any picture gallery style sites/scripts pre-installed.

We support DNN 3.x and 4.x with a ticket request for the proper permissions on files and MSSQL Database.

We do not have any pre-isntalled gallery apps, and in my PERSONAL opinion, they are a very bad thing. I know it makes easier for customers, but it also makes even easier to hackers as preo-installed apps are most of the time out of date.

Thanks for the reply,
Could you expand your explanation please. DotNetNuke is something new to me. In fact, I've only ever developed desktop so web dev and remotely configuring things in a windows development are new things to me. If I can install this framework via a script without additional cost and a handful of ticket support requests ticket requests then that will suffice. I guess the ticket request for permission settings you mentioned does not have a fee?

Any opinion on DotNetNuke in terms of support experiences, issues on the customer side would be helpful. I can't see a viable, OO alternative?

regards,
AuntyBunny

I have installed DNN (3.x versions) at Jodohost without problems...

1. Create database/user through HSphere Control Panel

2. Change your web.config to proper database connection string

3. Upload DNN files to JH Server

4. Open a support ticket stating that you would like DNN permission set and specify where you installed it (domain)

5. Run the setup file as per DNN instructions.

Thats it.

There are a variety of modules that can be added to DNN (some free, some at cost) such as an image gallery that your were mentioning. Browse the DNN forums or check out snowcovered.com for for-purchase modules/themes etc.

... and no, JH will not charge a fee for setting the permissions on your DNN install.

Re: DotNetNuke - Thanks for the replies..

That's great. Thankyou both for the answers.

It sounds good, and the concise guide to getting started is really helpful. Will be in contact for signup soon. Just need to play with DNN locally for a week or so.

regards,
AuntyBunny,

Back