Doubts about summary quota

eehost

Perch
From the H-Sphere documentation I understand that summary usage is counted in an average way:

Summary Disk Usage
Every 24 hours a cron script scans end user's FTP home directory, all mailboxes, and DBs to summarize the disk space and make up summary disk usage for the last day. Summary readings of each daily scan are added up and divided by days elapsed from the beginning of the billing month. The resulting amount makes up user's average summary disk usage.

Does this mean that if a user has a summary quota of 300MB and he uses 500MB one day but they leave 50MB all other days of the month, and the average summary usage is less than 300MB they won't be charged for the extra 200MB they used that day?

From one of my customer's account I see that they've increased the disk quota and are now using more space than the allowed on the summary quota, but I still get mails that say this:

Summary quota account:XXXXX has used 206.05 MB out of 300 MB limit

While they are really using 450MB on disk space right now.

Could someone please clarify this?

Thank you very much.

So does this mean that the user can have 500MB on disk with a 300MB summary quota if they don't count over the 300MB at the end of the month?

Does this works the same for us resellers? I mean, if I have a 6GB plan and I use 7GB for one day, then 100MB all other days in the month. Don't I have to pay anything extra?

Thank you.

Correct, however if the user has a quota set in FTP quota, it will not allow them to go over the account limit.

Stephen do you refer to edit the resources of the plan and then go to edit Disk space Quota edit entering MAX ammount? Is this the correct way to do it? Is there a different way to do this?

Because I have all quotas at 300MB and unless I put a MAX from editing Disk space Quota they can change the space from the FTP settings on the CP and use more than 300MB.

Back