Downtime?

ravi78

Guppy
I noticed that a week or two ago, your site was completely down for about 4 days. A strange site suspended message had appeared. Could someone please explain that. Would that happen again and to my website? And could someone confirm they saw the message too?

What had happened was that around Sunday, we had to change our servers including our DNS server due to various problems. Although the change occured within an hour, it took an unusually long time for our website (i.e. jodohost.com) to point to the new DNS servers. Some people reported the site to be up within 48 hours while others within 72 hours.

We believe that prevention is better than cure. We have taken numerous measures to ensure maximum uptime which include proactive monitoring, daily backups and standby servers. Till now, none of our customers have ever faced any sort of downtime. If at all any downtime occurs in the future, we will consider compensating affected customers by giving them extra months of hosting on their package. This all of course depends on how severe the downtime is.

Back