Dts

Clark

Perch
I have a DTS that I need to call from ColdFusion. I have successfully used DTSRUN before on other hosts, but can't seem to get it to work on Jodohost. Does anyone have a Jodohost specific example of how to launch a DTS from ColdFusion.

I would not have to call it from a ColdFusion page if I could schedule the job to run daily, but that seems impossible based on Jodohost permission's as well.

Can anyone PLEASE help me?

Basically what you are trying to access a store procedure
"xp_cmdshell" which is an extended stored procedure provided by Microsoft and stored in the master database. This procedure allows you to issue operating system commands directly to the Windows command shell via T-SQL code.

Also If you want to execute this extended stored procedure, you will either need to be a member of the sysadmin role,

We can not allow such kind of code and cant give the premission you require at all as it is a security hazard.

I completely understand that you cannot give me a sysadmin role. If I prepare so that it can run nightly, can you schedule it for me?

I don't have to be given the sysadmin role. I have data that must be imported everyday to my application. It can be imported during the day at the user click of a button or at night.

Can or will you schedule a DTS as a job for me? This is critical for my application.

Clark,

I am sorry but scheduled jobs on MSSQL is not something we can do.
If there is a way you can script it in CF using raw SQL queries we can set a CF Schedule for you to be able to run that query on the CF server.

Stephen,
Thanks for the reply. I just updated my ticket with another idea. What if I used CFFILE to let the user put the Access database where I could just use regular SQL queries on to import the data. I could set up another DSN to that ODBC datasource, right?

I would need to know the path to use in the CFFILE operation.

Please let me know what you think and the path that I would need to use for the CFFILE.

I appreciate you helping me with this.

That may be possible, what size access file are we talking about? As long as it is properly programmed and closes the connections it should be fine.

Back