Email blasts are being spam filtered

MaxPower

Perch
I use a program called MailerPro to send email blasts but many of the messages seem to be spam filtered on the receiving end and are not getting through.

MailerPro has several settings for the mail component (CDOSYS, Dundas, ASPmail, etc.), as well as, whether to send from a static IP address, localhost, or mail server. I've tried all sorts of combinations but the results are about the same.

Does anyone know of another email program or method to send email blasts that has a good success rate?

In the past, I used an online service called List Builder (part of Microsoft bCentral) and it seemed to work well. The downside is there's a monthly fee and message limit. I'm also familiar with Constant Contact but they also have monthly fees and limits.

By the way, my address lists range from 24 to 2000.

Thanks, Gary

MailerPro support sent a couple possible causes for this problem:

1. Your Mail Server may not have a DNS Reverse Record(PTR) which is essentail. If it hasn't, most receiving mail servers will reject the message especailly AOL, Yahoo and HotMail.

2. Some receiving Mail Servers require that the origanting Server as a SPF record.

The first one seems very likely considering several of the rejected addresses are AOL or Hotmail.

Hopefully Jodohost will know what these mean and can help remedy them.

MailerPro support sent a couple possible causes for this problem:

1. Your Mail Server may not have a DNS Reverse Record(PTR) which is essentail. If it hasn't, most receiving mail servers will reject the message especailly AOL, Yahoo and HotMail.
When using mailserver you get this. Also if you are on Win17 or newer Windows server, rDNS is available there, so localhost should work there as well.

2. Some receiving Mail Servers require that the origanting Server as a SPF record.
This has to be taken care of you. You may add below TXT DNS record for this domain and see if it helps:
v=spf1 a mx ptr:m****here.biz -all

Back