Email Configuration

Hi all,

I'm very new to server managing and I'm having hard times setting up my VPS email.
How should I configure external tools like Gmail, Outlook to manage my VPS email?

I have an IPhone...how can I get my email there? I tried setting up IMAP but I says that the server is not responding...obviously I'm using the wrong config.

Stephen,

I read in another thread you have your Ipod Touch setup with IMAP and you get your emails pushed. Could you share it?:evil:

thanks a lot guys

Hi all,

I'm very new to server managing and I'm having hard times setting up my VPS email.
How should I configure external tools like Gmail, Outlook to manage my VPS email?

I have an IPhone...how can I get my email there? I tried setting up IMAP but I says that the server is not responding...obviously I'm using the wrong config.

Stephen,

I read in another thread you have your Ipod Touch setup with IMAP and you get your emails pushed. Could you share it?:evil:

thanks a lot guys

Gmail can fetch using external POP3, Outlook can as well, you will need to use your [email protected] for the user and thepass you have set as the password.

There is some chance that the Iphone wont work with IMAP due to mailenable not having that feature on the version that comes with plesk.
I don't have my Ipod touch at the moment so I am not able to see if POP3 will work on the iphone/ipod. POP3 won't do "push" but you could have a check every 5 minutes, or possibly use mobileme catch and forward.

Back