email problems again

Status
Not open for further replies.

snooper

Perch
The original message was received at Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:52:46 +0200 from l*******.net.il [*****]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <m***@****.net>
(reason: 550 Host unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <m***@****.net>... Host unknown (Name server: ****.net: host not found)

.. where the domain obviously does exist
?(

instead of blaming us directly on any error you may receive, you might want to submit a ticket so that our team can investigate. I am pretty confident the issue is at the receiving end, not our end

There is absolutely NO ISSUE in sending email from our mail server. Our billing system sends out hundreds of emails and invoices every day and they are going through fine with no returns.

And, incidents where a host cannot be found can happen if the receiving server was down or there was some issue on their DNS server

So instead of blaming us, you might want to try resending the email again to be absolutely sure.

beleive me, i would not have posted here if i would not have:
1) received complaints from the client
2) verified it myself, as you see from the error above.

i dont know where think think i was "blaming" you.

i am currently on live chat with deepak about this issue, and also ANOTHER email issue which i am experiencing.
speak with deepak if you dont beleive me.

your title says "email problems again"

There are no obvious email problems. If you are experiencing any, talk with live support or submit a ticket. There could be 101 possible reasons for a returned email that are not related to the mail server at all

The mail server is working at 100%. Just to ensure the same, I sent 5 test emails all received immediately at the 5 ISPs i sent to

Yash said:
The mail server is working at 100%. Just to ensure the same, I sent 5 test emails all received immediately at the 5 ISPs i sent to

i wish we all had the same experiences as you

I am not having any problems with email either. Everything seems fine. I had to fill-out the mass mailing forum to send out my newsletter and that is the only problem issue I have had with email till date

I did receive a returned email today but it said the mailbox didn't exist which turned out that i mispelled it :)

snooper said:
i wish we all had the same experiences as you

Well Snooper, thankfully all our customers do have a similar experience otherwise we wouldn't be in business

If you do not like our services, I suggest you look for another provider. I hate seeing posts by customers blaming us hands down on any issue, without even wanting to verify facts.

If you read our forum rules, it urges you to report all issues via our support system. We do not provide customer-specific help on the forum

Yash said:
Well Snooper, thankfully all our customers do have a similar experience otherwise we wouldn't be in business

If you do not like our services, I suggest you look for another provider. I hate seeing posts by customers blaming us hands down on any issue, without even wanting to verify facts.

If you read our forum rules, it urges you to report all issues via our support system. We do not provide customer-specific help on the forum

i think you can hardly blame me after whats been going on with AOL, level 3 and various DNS/rDNS issues lately.

all i;'m doing is looking out for my unhappy customers, which you should be doing too, instead of trying to turn it around on me.

That doesn't relate to this issue since there is no rDNS/Level3 or AOL issue at the moment

And the AOL and rDNS/Level3 issue you are referring to was beyond our control. Frankly snooper, if you were with another webhost, I guarantee you they couldn't have solved the issue as fast as we could. We pushed the right buttons and got the right people on the phone (we talked with the man in charge of AOL abuse and with the top guys at Level3).

1) To clarify further, the AOL issue was simply causing our mail to go into spam folders for aol.com recipients. That was corrected quickly.
2) The rDNS/Level3 issue simply made it difficult to connect to the mail server via outlook, for a few hours. It was corrected as fast as we could. It didnt affect incoming email

So, as you see, it has nothing to do with your issue and these are incidents that can happen with any webhost on any shared mail server. No shared host can deliver perfect webhosting unfortunately

Furthermore, these two issues were unique and its the first time they ever occured. We have barely a few complaints from customers on these issues and I really see no reason for anyone to complain unless they feel they can run a shared mailing server better

Lastly, here is what Deepak had to say:
Yash says:
what was snooper's issue?
Deepak says:
he was having problems withe mails
Deepak says:
first he said that problem is with t-------e.com
Deepak says:
then he ssaid it's ok but problem is with some ther domain
Deepak says:
then he agree that it was also fine and problem is with t-----k.com
Deepak says:
at last he said that everything is fine..
Yash says:
ok

Yash said:
So, as you see, it has nothing to do with your issue and these are incidents that can happen with any webhost on any shared mail server. No shared host can deliver perfect webhosting unfortunately

unfortuantely, i'm no systen admin. when i see a problem, i notify about it. in the year+ i have been here, i have many times been the first to report a major issue. whether you had noticed or not i cannot know.
either way - i dont know whats related to what and hence my need for a webhost.

Yash said:
Lastly, here is what Deepak had to say:
you think i would have spent 50 minutes on live chat just to pass the time? really....

I'm closing this thread now as I have sent you a PM

snooper. Have you ever wondered why I appear on this forum so quickly whenever there is an issue (sometimes at 3AM my time)?

That's because we have a 24x7x365 team that monitors things and we have monitoring software that monitors essential services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back