Email spam filter

jbowers

Guppy
I spent a great deal of time testing out and fine tuning the spam filters for various email accounts on my domain. Several weeks ago (perhaps when my domain was moved to the new virtual environment?) my spam filtering ceased to work. The obvious messages were no longer being picked up by the spam filters, and those that were caught did not have the *** SPAM *** prefix appended to the subject line like they did previously.

I have created two seperate support tickets for this issue, but keep getting boilerplate responses, like "Kindly check it now." I checked it, but nothing has changed. I have come to rely on this spam filtering to keep my inbox fairly clean when accessing it from mobile devices. Please look into the issue and restore the performance on the email spam filter.

do you know which mail server you are on by any chance? (ping mail.yourdomain.com and it will normally say like mail1/2/3/4/5/6 etc)

The domain in question is XXXXXXXXX.COM
PING for mail.XXXXXXXXX.COM returns the IP address 204.14.xxx.xxx
TRACERT for mail.XXXXXXXXX.COM returns the server name mail.m****here.biz with the same IP address

How else can I determine which mail server it is being routed to?

The domain in question is XXXXXXXXX.COM
PING for mail.XXXXXXXXX.COM returns the IP address 204.14.xxx.xxx
TRACERT for mail.XXXXXXXXX.COM returns the server name mail.m****here.biz with the same IP address

How else can I determine which mail server it is being routed to?
ok, that server has not migrated, so you are not seeing anything due to migration :)
I just wanted to make sure on that regard. Will have a linux tech to check it, I don't know of any major changes.

Back