Email trouble

My email accounts are all not able to connect to their mail.****.com servers this morning. I have noticed lots of down time since the SMTP authorization was enabled.

This is mentioned in the Outages section. The kernel of the CP/mail server has crashed several times, they said they are working on it but there's no way to replace a kernel without rebooting.

This is really dragging on for a very long time. Whatever needs to be done, I hope they do it shortly.

My entire office is shut out and it's getting really irritating having 30 people ask me "Is there a problem with the email?" every few minutes.

Still No response to my ticket or update to the initial post by Yash.

Please guys, do what you have to to get this working. This downtime is killing me here.

All ours are down too. Is mail being accepted by the server? just we cant get it, or is it bouncing? Not the ideal situation for commercial accounts.

The mail server is back up. We are having intermittent issues with the CP/Mail server which we are working to resolve..

When the mail server is down, we cannot receive tickets. Instead, email [email protected] which is our emergency email address

Mail does not get lost

But yes, you will have intermittent trouble within the next 24 to 48 hours connecting to the mail server as we resolve these issues..

Infact the mail server was never down in the last 12 hours..

Are you guys resellers? Have you updated your name servers to the latest. I checked the MX records for one of your domains Mike, it is pointing to the new mail server so all your mail is being received

But your name servers are still pointing to the old DNS servers. And DNS1 was pulled offline (which houses MAil) this morning.

Please update your reseller name servers immediately and use this IP to connect to your mail server while it resolves - 63.209.158.6

Received this while attempting to send an email to an address hosted at Jodohost from my yahoo account:

Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<[email protected]>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
long.

This will be permanently resolved in the next 24 hours. We are changing the Mail/CP server in the next 24 hours

I'm pretty sure the connection refused message is being returned very occasionally

I sent an email from both Yahoo and hotmail and they were received perfectly.. We are working overtime to fix any kernel and hardware problems on the Mail/CP server

Yash said:
I'm pretty sure the connection refused message is being returned very occasionally

Actually, it's occurring EVERY TIME!

Yash said:
I sent an email from both Yahoo and hotmail and they were received perfectly..

That's nice, does that mean my problem (and everyone else's) is a figment of my (their) own imagination?

I too get kicked back for every outside email message sent to me (sent outside a jodohost hosted site).

I have been dealing with support, who have been very helpful in attempting to assist me. My problem, it seems, stems from not changing my name server's IP addresses with my registrar. For some reason, my websites were still visible, but my mail was not accessible. By connecting with the IP address, rather than the usual mail.domainname.com, I was able to check mail and send mail, but not receive it from anyone outside my own sites. It makes sense to me, that this is becuase the mail.domainname.com has not resolved to the new IP yet. Once this happens, I'm hoping to be have full access to email and my control panel.

Are you in the same boat WebDeveloper?

Well, if it the fix turns out to be what jodohost support recommended, then I was to blame. I just wish there was something to speed up the propagation period. That's just a fact of life, not anybody's fault.

I'll post the resolution to my part of the story once it concludes. Best of luck to the rest of you.

swolstrup said:
Are you in the same boat WebDeveloper?

I don't know what boat I'm in swolstrup, maybe a sinking one? It seems that even with all my knowledge and expertise in this industry, I am still the root of my own problems... or so says Jodohost.

Well what do you know, all of a sudden I've received a group of emails sent to the down accounts; some dating back to Sunday. Maybe Jodohost got it together with this email problem. Sweet!

WebDeveloper said:
I don't know what boat I'm in swolstrup, maybe a sinking one? It seems that even with all my knowledge and expertise in this industry, I am still the root of my own problems... or so says Jodohost.

Well what do you know, all of a sudden I've received a group of emails sent to the down accounts; some dating back to Sunday. Maybe Jodohost got it together with this email problem. Sweet!

No...
This is indeed a propogation issue WebDeveloper. Support replied to your ticket explaining why.. you updated your name servers late...

Back