Emails from web sites stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live-chat ..

Goto Jodohost.com and find the live-chat button at the extreme top - right .

Edit: if you are on our site we can invite you on chat too.

Maybe I'll try that next time I get a snag. But in the meantime I seem to have solved the problem. For the benefit of eveyone, including the support staff, here is the history and solution to the snags. Maybe this should be incorporated into the FAQs.

1. My websites were brand new, and in testing phase. I was using the Persits ASPMail component in an asp.net environment. I used mail.host="mail.mydomain.com" which worked fine until it was suddenly blocked by SpamCop. Why this should happen I don't know since the only person ever to get emails from the websites was me! Searching the forums revealed SpamCop had been a problem for others in the past.

2. No help from support, so I chanced upon using mail.host="127.0.0.1" and problem solved, until yesterday when suddenly all emails suddenly stopped, but no errors reported in code.

3. I looked at the headers from the JoDo forums automatic email and then used mail.host="mail2.m****here.biz" and now emails work again.

So, there it is - until the next time the email gives up. When that happens, I'll try this Live Chat feature.

On a more general point, whilst I appreciate that JoDo may be using the latest gee-whizz technology, it counts for nothing if it causes problems like this. What people want is reliability, and support staff who can actually provide support, rather than moan that prospective customers may be put off from signing up with JoDo. I would still recommend JoDo to anyone, but with the caveat that they must be prepared for unexpected problems and that they should have a good technical background so that they can figure out problems themselves.

First, Good to hear that your issues resolved.

# Indeed Jodo techs are technically sound to tackle expected and unexpected problems.

# Everyone (existing & prospective customers and visitors) are important to us.

ps: I sent a PM to you after earlier post.

Ravi, I'm sure you and your staff are trying your best. When my customers complain to me, I don't say "How many hosting companies use the latest 10-TriggaBit Switches with hyper threading disc drives, don't you know how hard it is to keep 10,000 sites working?", what I say is "I'm very sorry and will do my very best to sort out your problem"

Good luck,
Rob :)

I can understand that .That's why we have put in place multiple support ways (phone, Ticket Support system and live-chat) and we want you to use them untill you are satisfied with support. Forum is not to get support.

If you are not satisfied or you have any concern, you post them here, to let us investigate, what went wrong.

Anyway, can I assume you have no issue as outstanding ?

No, no issues outstanding. All now sweetness and light (except websites sometimes very very very slow, and then lightning fast, but I can live with that). The only reason I used the forum was because the Help Desk wasn't working, and I didn't know about this Live Chat feature.

So, you can close this thread now. Thanks very much for your help.

Rob :]

Please use only mail1 or mail3 .yourdomain.com (whichever you use in outlook) to send email via your web scripts

These are the customer mailservers and are authenticated and regulated against spamming. the local mail server cannot be regulated easily and hence somtimes it does end up on spamcop although we do resolve those issues quickly..

I do not see any reason why your sites will become slow then fast, open a ticket for that issue so we can monitor

Yash,

I know I may have missed something, but can I ask, in a mailing script do I have to put:

mail1.domainname.com

or

mail.domainname.com

I must have missed the thread about this :(

Thanks

p.s. reading your post again - even my outlook express is set up to send via mail.xxxxxxx NOT mail1.xxxxx ?(

Sorry, i meant use the smtp server mentioned in outlook.
That is the customer mailserver which you should use

Yash - I did use mail.mydomain.com in my web scripts and they were blocked by SpamCop. I don't dare use them now since it could happen again. Why can't we use mail.m****ere.biz instead ? What I really want to know is "How can I ensure 99.9999% reliability from mail sent by JoDo hosted websites?"
Thanks
Rob ?(

Use mail.yourdomain.com or mail.m****here.biz, it is the same thing. They both point to the same IP

I can only guess that your mail was still be routed via the localmail server.. Because one of the web server's IPs was blacklisted for 12 hours last week.

Use your outlook smtp server to avoid these issues

I am closing this thread now. Open a ticket if you continue to face issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back