Error with ASP Mail Form

D

Deb

I am a complete beginner with VPS, I just signed up and I'm trying to get my website going. I have a contact form that uses ASP. It used to work with my old hosting company, but it doesn't work on this new server. I get this error message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object /MailForm.asp, line 49

the section of my code that sends the mail looks like this:

Dim objCDO
Set objCDO = Server.CreateObject("CDO.message")
objCDO.To = strTo
objCDO.From = strFrom

objCDO.Subject = strSubject
objCDO.TextBody = strBody

objCDO.Send

Do I have to install something on the server to make this work? Thanks for any help!

Hello Deb,

you should have gotten a reply on this via ticket, we have sent it to SWsoft and they have confirmed a bug in their lab enviroment with this on x64 servers with their software. I am awating a reply from the developer. They gave me a workaround which I can offer you but it requires me to reinstall your VPS system.

You got a welcome email from me with the login information, if you could send me an email on that address(don't want to post here, spammers harvest it from search engines) if you would like me to remake the VPS and start this workaround, the other option is to wait until I get a reply from their developers on the issue.

I moved this thread over to the VPS section since your code is in fact perfectly fine and it is a confirmed bug.

Back