Extra income for developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi78

Guppy
Hi everyone! Recently I discovered a website called RentACoder.com. Its a site where people put up projects they want completed and programmers or web designers bid on them. You can manage a pretty good income working at that site. Just wanted to share it with everyone. I already got one project :D

Have fun
Ravi

Too many Indians on that site. Driving the prices down. And its only the Indians that bid the lowest, even if the project was of the highest standard. Anyway, it is a good site. If you really go after it, you can get several good paying projects. But not stable income.

hi ..yah it seems to be an interesting site for getting some extra income..but only those can get benefit out of this i think who knows well hu to make bid.....and in that case u will hav to reduce ur price in my opinion n will get very little amount..as some part of it part will be take by the rentacoder...Anywyas overall..its a good site

Well, I do think that this can be very profitable. Within one week of bidding I got a pretty decent project with a good pay. If I get a couple of projects like this every month, maybe I wouldn't need to do a job anymore :]

To leave your job and do rentacoder.com instead for the rest of your life would be a mistake in my opinion. I had a friend called Naveen who did the same thing. In the beginning, he got some very good projects. So he left his job and pursued rentacoder.com. Soon, before he realized, all the new projects were drying up. Now he was left jobless. And in India, we all know how hard it is to find a job.

Of course, I think this site is great if you are going to do it only as extra income or when you are unemployed but to treat it as a full time job could end up in disaster for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back