Faaaast!

Ron

Perch
I'm on the new Windows 2003 server - win2.jodoshared.com
Very fast server. Scripts are flying :) A far cry from the old Win5 server I was on

hmm. How did you get on win2? Currently all accounts are going on win1.
The only other customer on win2 is hatton

win1.jodoshared.com is equally as fast. Plenty of RAM and a good processor. All the sites that were hogging down the system on the old servers are gone. Everyone should enjoy top-class speeds on the new servers for a long, long time :)

Yeah, I'm on win1. I haven't done much on there yet but I expected it to be fast since nobody is on there yet. ;) I thought the "old" win5 was plenty fast, faster than any other host I've tried. I'm in the process of moving over now. So far so good.

Ron said:
I'm on the new Windows 2003 server - win2.jodoshared.com
Very fast server. Scripts are flying :) A far cry from the old Win5 server I was on

I'm supposedly there but haven't been able to connect to the control pannel for Win2 as of yet. Hope I can figure it out soon... my domain'll be transferring quickly.

Edited:
Actually I can connect to the control pannel, but only if I login using my site's new fakename. Rather than linking to it from the www.jodohost.com login link.

Also, how do we tell you when to pull the plug on the former account?

2 questions:

I just received emails with transfer information to new servers.

Q1) I received an email about one of the four domains I host, what happens to the others, do I change their DNS as well, when?

Q2) Do we have to transfer the files from our old server to the new server ourselves? If so how can we use the same database, which for a database driven site is essential otherwise some information might get lost in the transfer.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Back