"Failed to create Account"

MrBand

Guppy
so i think i've successfully finished setting up my only plan (which is a non-billing plan) and went to setup my corporate site on this account and got this error...

Failed to create Account
Zone companyname.net has been taken.

i don't have any sites setup yet... what could it be talking about?

just to clarify...

companyname.net is where i'd like my corporate site to be that i'll use to promote the hosting. it is also the domain i setup for my DNS stuff...

ns1.companyname.net
ns2.companyname.net

i don't think that's the problem but basically when i finally went to create my corporate site using the only plan i have defined, it gave me that error as if i already had that site setup... but i don't... i don't have any sites setup as of yet. :(

i'm back to maybe answer my own question... is it not possible to have your dns info (ie ns1.companyname.net) the same domain as the domain you want to use? ie companyname.net

feel free to answer and solve this riddle for or just tell me how you have yours setup...

8o

ok so after searching around in other people's sites i see that it is indeed possible to have your working corporate domain the same as the one you use to customize your DNS info. this answers only part of my question.

i followed the steps in the pinned post up there and this is the first site i've tried to setup on the account so maybe i'm doing something wrong but i can't quite put my finger on it.

feel free to chime in.

and my final guess for the day is that i have to wait till the new dns info propogates before i can do anything else with my corporate account being the service domain?

When registered, don't signup with the domain you added as a DNS zone. Once you've activated your account, add this domain as a service domain. Make sure service domain is enabled from your control panel

ok so i'm a little bit confused - when i setup the dns info i had no option other than to use the domain so how would i set it up without the domain?

Hi

Just put in some bogus domain then.. Your account is activated immediately if its a no-biiling. If it uses billing, you'll have to activate your account from the moderate section

Yash said:
When registered, don't signup with the domain you added as a DNS zone. Once you've activated your account, add this domain as a service domain. Make sure service domain is enabled from your control panel

when registered? do you mean once i've registered for an account with jodohost?

activated? isn't my account "activated" once i signup and get my link to the control panel? i don't ever remember having the option to add any domains to anything until i setup my DNS zone first... at least that's how the step by step tutorial made it sound.

sorry for sounding impatient but the setup of this account is taking much longer than i anticipated and pushing us dangerously close to our deadline and we can't even host our domain yet! please clarify what you're talking about if you are going to answer a post so i don't have to wait another day for a follow-up reply.

so this is in your step by step reseller setup...

"Fill in your DNS zone details:
Name - must be the host name of your new DNS zone. If mywebhost.net is your hosting company site and you want ns1.mywebhost.net and ns2.mywebhost.net to be your name servers, enter mywebhost.net as your DNS host name here. You can however put in any registered domain as your DNS host name. Some resellers prefer to put a host name different from there corporate site (such as mywebhostdns.net). It really makes no difference technically."

but apparently it does make a difference? is that what you're saying?

this is so damn frustrating - now i've deleted my dns zone and i CAN'T create a "service domain" b/c it's forcing me to setup a dns zone first?????????????? how many domains do i need to register to make this work?

all i want is for mycompany.com to be my working corporate domain and my dns to be ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com - i've looked at other's sites and whois info and this seems very possible and normal.

could you please clarify how to go about setting this up b/c every change to my dns settings put me back another 2 days while waiting for the changes to propogate.

First follow the step by step guide at www.jodohost.com/stepbystep.asp

Once through, create a package to host your service domain. When creating that package, ensure you have selected "server domain" and no billing. If you haven't you can edit that plan and do so

next, signup for an account under that plan. Enter a bogus domain while registered that account. Once done, your account should be activated immedaitely and you should reach your account control panel. From their, add a new domain. There will be a box specificly to add a service domain, use that.

using the stepbystep guide, setup mycompany.com as your DNS host name and create its server aliases (see stepbystepguide)

Once you have a completed all steps, you can create a package to actually host a site for mycompany.com

ok, i recreated my dns zone after deleting it while trying to figure this out and then i went back through the plan setup using a plan i created that allows for no billing and a service domain. i then began setting up a site using that plan and this is what i got...

Registration failed

Failed to create Account
There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator.

i'll just assume i've done this correctly and wait another day... maybe the dns hasn't fully propogated... :(

ps - sorry for sounding so angry and thanks for any replies you've given.

ok - my dns changes are complete and i can ping cp.mycompany.com so i went through and updated my admin url to use that domain and now i can no longer get into the other admin cp... it just says "The page cannot be displayed"

any ideas? is there any way someone at jodohost could take a look at my account and let me know if it's something i can fix or if i've somehow initiated a glitch in the system?

also now when i go to http://cp.mycompany.com:8080 i get this error:

Control Panel Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have entered invalid control panel location. Please enter your account login and password.

but then i can log in and it works - i don't know if this is normal but i'm assuming not.

ps - if i change the cp url back to default and try and setup my service domain i still get this error:

Registration failed

Failed to create Account
There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator.

i can't even delete my dns zones now... the page just refreshes and they're still there. when i try and turn off the hosting i get an error.

i'm on the verge of dumping jodohost and finding a company that has more responsive customer support.

Back