Feedback on adding liteHost

ricka0

Perch
https://cp.m****here.biz/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP

google *autoFill* does not work on addr, city, state

This is a major problem for dyslexics like myself and GW Bush (well, GW probably doesn't do much eCommerce :))

bonus points for *autoFill* working on cc payment

https://cp.m****here.biz/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP
Registration failed
Failed to create Account
We are sorry, but we cannot process your order right now, please try again at the latter time. Support has notified of this problem (Private key is not loaded).

E R R O R ! ! !
Signup failed. Please email the error message to our administrator at the following address: [email protected]

account created - thx.

Feel free to nuke this thread - the world doesn't need to see it. Thought you might like some feedback.

http://r11310.res.m****here.biz/pso...ere.CP?template_name=admin/settings/info.html

*autofill fails*

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Error(s):

Hostmaster Email (user.domain.com): format: username.domainLn...domainL1

OK

I think I have a valid email
[email protected]

ahh - it expects the format
info.SH00TER.COM

--
Need to use Trim function so when I copy/paste and leave whitespace in an edit box, I don't get an error message

I've added 4 of my Domains - but how do I edit or check the Master server and Slave?

>>If mywebhost.net is your hosting company site and you want ns1.mywebhost.net and ns2.mywebhost.net to be your name servers, enter mywebhost.net as your DNS host name here.

You are my hosting company, so what do I enter?

Don't you hate dumb customers :)
All this low level hosting stuff is new to me.

goDaddy Flasher was awesome (with the hick-up that goDaddy makes things difficult to find)

http://www.jodohost.com/stepbystep2.asp
In "Name", fill out "ipdatabase" and in "Data", fill out "63.209.152.17".

Seems like these fields should be propagated from your Db server, so when they change you don't have to change the docs - saves customer copy/paste time (or worse input errors).

----------------------------------- Question ------------

>>From the left-hand navigation bar, click on "Server Aliases" under "E.Manager":

For the lite plan, you only need to do this once (correct?) - the Reseller's DNS servers/alias (that's me) have only one set, even tho I have many domains.

You might want to change "From the left-hand navigation bar"
to "On the E.Manager Menu above" or something.

So for all my other domains, I skip this part and go on to Step 3.

Thanks for your awesome support. I think we're all gonna get rich:)

Ok, server aliases are not exactly a one time thing, when we add a server you need to go in and submit it in your server aliases. If you don't submit, it will show up as win9.m****here.biz, for example(win9 isn't around yet, just an example).

Right, but it's a one time step when you are adding 4 domains in one day. Once you've set up Reseller's DNS server alaias and other alias, you don't do them for domains2, domain3, etc.

Thanks for the tip on when you add a new server.

>>you only have server aliases for one domain.

Oops - I must be doing something wrong then. I thought you only had one server alias for all your domains hosted on one account.

If you have one server alias for each domain on your account - how do you specify the domain when you invoke the "E.manager\server alias" menu? I don't see any way to set the domain.

you have to frist create a DNS zone, then it will show up there to just submit the aliases.

Submit a ticket with desired "service domain" and we will help you out.

So your saying for I should have
ns2.sh00ter.com ns2.m****here.biz 204.10.107.212
ns1.sh00ter.com ns.m****here.biz 204.10.107.44

then
ns1.RickaDomain2.com ns2.m****here.biz 204.10.107.xxx
ns2.RickaDomain2.com ns2.m****here.biz 204.10.107.wxz

then
ns1.RickaDomain3.com ns2.m****here.biz 204.10.107.xxx
ns2.RickaDomain3.com ns2.m****here.biz 204.10.107.wxz

The idea is having your DNS servers with the same name as your hosting site domain (The Service Domain) ..and all other domains hosted use that.

example:

ns2.RickaHosting.com ns2.m****here.biz 204.10.107.xxx
ns1.RickaHosting.com ns.m****here.biz 204.10.107.xx

then all domains added to your account, be it personal or customers will need to use ns1.RickaHosting.com and ns2.RickaHosting.com as their DSN servers at the Registrar.

Gives the illusion that the Reseller is infact an independent hosting company, without any reference to JodoHost

Great, thanks - that's what I thought at first. The instructions are geared for folks moving one domain, not moving 4 as I did.

I could have picked a better domain (like you did) but since my customers won't see any of this it doesn't matter. I'll write some tools for them to update data but they won't have much other access to their domains.

Back