finding web1 on jodopulse?

I've always had misgivings about web1.g********.com -- on the other hand, it never gets listed w/ real outtage reports in the forum -- it just seems to bounce along like a lethargic yoyo.

After spending a few minutes just now watching a few sites time out on that box, I've realized that it's nowhere to be found on the jodopulse overview of linux servers... unless I don't know where to look. There's Unix 1 thru 20 or so listed, and some of them have a "web" alias like web8 etc. But web1 is missing. What's is called -- I'd really like to keep a better eye on it and track how often it bounces...

Most of the unix systems are monitored now from nagios system, jodopulse is going mad on it. the server is rebooting on its own, or hanging, we have had plans to change it for a while but had some problems in doing that. However the last two weeks it has been down about 2 hours itself (this is not a client server, it is a monitoring center only)

I have some important tasks next week, but will be putting some focus to switching out the monitoring interface here that goes to the public side as well (nagios is not open right now)

Back