Form Validation

I have a form I am trying to get to work. It appears to submit ok, but it does not validate the form.

This is suppose to work in CF? Right?

FWIW,

if you're trying to use CFFORM you need to make sure that the js scripts are in the CFIDE folder within the site that's using it -- when CFFORM generates the validation javascript for the browser, it sets up a call to two js files to make things work. The page won't break if they're not there, but your validation will not kick in, and everything will be processed regardless of what you've set up.

IIRC, CF only installs those in it's home directory, not in each site directory on the server. So, you need to copy them from the CF root dir on your dev server and drop them off in the root of your site on the JH servers.

I have a similar situation where my validation does not work. I'm using a MX7 Dev server so would it be ok to copy the CFIDE folder to my site home directory considering JodoHost is using MX6.

I don't think that copying the CFIDE folder will work. It sounds like the CFIDE mapping needs to be fixed in CF Admin.

Correct. It should work. It is just a javascript that is used for client side validation. Mapping (actually adding a virtual directory /cfide) is needed because our copy of this folder is physically located outside your doc root.

Hello. I have some basic form validation going on with javascript that I run on "onSubmit". It returns true or false. However, even with when the form returns false, with the Flash Uploader in the form it submits anyways. Is there a way to disable this submission when the form validation returns false?

Thanks

Back