Forwarding Question

Homer

Perch
Lets say I have a real mailbox - [email protected]

Then I also have 5 ALIASES for that mailbox:
Alias1 through Alias5

When I receive mail at alias1 it ends up in the admin mailbox. All is cool.

So I set the admin mailbox to also forward it's mail somewhere else, like an MSN or Yahoo account.

What I am seeing is that only mail sent directly to the admin account is forwarded to Yahoo. Mail sent to Alias1 lands in the admin mailbox but does not get forwarded.

Is this how its supposed to work?
Do I need to forward each Alias too?

I'm having this exact problem... emails to the original mailbox (say [email protected] in your example) forward fine to an external address, and also get stored in the admin mailbox

but emails to [email protected] get stored in the admin mailbox, but do not get forwarded to the external address along with the other admin emails.

I'm guessing i can fix this by setting forwarding for each alias, but that just makes managing things so much more difficult (20 places to change settings if i change my forward address, instead of just the 1... seems silly)

anybody got a solution to this one? I'll also submit a ticket as live help couldn't resolve this... i'll let u guys know if they come up with anything.

cheers
greg

I think you need to forward each of the extra addresses to the mailbox address rather than make them aliases. Its a few more clicks and typing to setup compared to aliases but the external forwarding address is still only set in one place which seems to be not quite what you're describing Greg.

hmmm... thats silly. anyway it works - i can confirm that.

if anyone knows a way around this sillyness, i'd be very interested to hear about it.

cheers
greg

Yup, and an annoying one at that. :(

still waiting for a response from jodo support... u'd think they'd check this forum ( i posted link in my ticket ) and close the ticket. they'll work it out eventually... hehehe

Back