FrontPage form handlers

If you use the FrontPage form handlers to send the contents to an email address, you better check them out. Mine went down about 1/28/2008 and they have been working on it now for 13 hours without success. Now no form email from my site means it might as well be down.

We have had tested your forms and even sent you reply on your ticket about it that it sends successfully to gmail, we are however checking for the mail server for your account.

We have had internet issues here which is causing some dealy in checking things out for you.

But we shall do it as soon as possible.

Yes, I know the forms will deliver to Gmail, however the form contents will not deliver to your own mail servers. I have put a test form and a destination mail address on a couple of my sites that will allow you to test this, see ticket to get addresses. It is not working right now, you can check the results via webmail. I want the form contents to go to an address on your own mail servers, I don't really care if they can be sent to Gmail or not. The Gmail test does not duplicate what I opened the ticket about in the first place.

So after at least 48 hours of being without email from the webserver your response is "it's fixed now" . How about some details about what caused this problem, why it took so long to fix, what has been done to make sure it doesn't happen again. Like why is SpamCop allowed to blacklisting your own web servers? I for one would like to know so I will be better equipped in the future if it happens again.
thanks

So after at least 48 hours of being without email from the webserver your response is "it's fixed now" . How about some details about what caused this problem, why it took so long to fix, what has been done to make sure it doesn't happen again. Like why is SpamCop allowed to blacklisting your own web servers? I for one would like to know so I will be better equipped in the future if it happens again.
thanks

I have explained a lot of this in email.

Spamcop can list our own servers for very legitimate reasons, if we go allowing bypasses on all servers to the mail server, then instead of just having one web server having a blacklisted IP we'd have mail servers, web servers and a whole network blacklisted.

I know this is hard to understand in some terms, but by allowing a bypass it is actually a bit of a security hole in that you allow spam to freely pass through the mail server and OUT as well, which means that someone could spam from it as well.

Back