FTP Errors - Win10 - using gFTP (Linux)

Hi,

I've been working on this for a while and can't seem to get it resolved on my own. Every time I upload or download a large number of files the transfer will get about 50 or 60 files in and then stall. The attached image shows the point at which it fails. The client also seems to be issuing a lot of command the sever does not understand. This might be the problem??

I have tried:
  • switching between passive and not
  • switching between multiple and single upload threads at a time

I have also connected through Konqueror and get the same stalling errors.

On another Windows machine I can upload with FileZilla just fine, so it must be a problem with the Linux client I'm using.

Does anyone know of another linux client that works better or a resolution to the problem?

Attachments

• FTPError.jpg
    FTPError.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 61
I don't have linux installed at the moment, but I just uploaded 150 files with filezilla and cuteftp with no problems.

It looks as if your FTP client is sending some odd commands from that screenshot, maybe its bogging itself down with errors?

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I don't know what's going on, I jumped over to my Windows machine and uploaded the same files fine. I have a feeling those errors are related to the problem too, but I can't find an option in the gFTP software to prevent the client from sending those commands. And since Konqueror seems to have the same problem it's not really related to one client but to all FTP operations on that machine. I dunno.....

Hopefully another Linux user can help me out, :D

thanks,
Andrew

I just has similar problems with gftp, and installing filezilla has been a good fix.

Hi mlissner,

Yeah, I never did fiqure out what was going on with my Linux machine. FileZilla is definitely my main FTP program of choice now though.

-FD

Back