! Connection failed win4.jodohost.com
- -
connecting to 139.81.148.24:21
! Connection failed win4.jodohost.com - Blocking call cancelled
! Connection failed win4.jodohost.com
- -
connecting to 139.81.148.24:21
Connected to 139.81.148.24 port 21
220 WIN4 Microsoft FTP Service (Version 5.0).
USER (me)
331 Password required for (me).
PASS (hidden)
230 User (me) logged in.
PWD
257 "/(me)" is current directory.
Host type (I): Microsoft NT
TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
PORT 202,156,208,114,4,104
200 PORT command successful.
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.

------------------------------------------------------

First 2 of every connection attempt usually fails. 3rd attempt will almost always be sucessful until after authentication, at the folder listing stage, the entire session just hangs.

If i continue to wait, the connection will time out.

I am using WSFTP and already had Passive mode turned off. Anyone got any ideas how i can overcome this?

Hi

OK. The most probable reason for your web & mail problems is the fact that you only recently transferred your domain to us. This is a common issue for customers transfering domains to our servers that were with an old host previously. You need to give it a minimum of 3 or 4 days for propogation to be fully completed. The is so as sometimes your ISP may resolve your domain to our servers and sometimes to your old host's servers.

Regarding the FTP error, this is peculiar to WS_FTP, and generally indicates a problem with a router (sometimes referred to as a "blackhole router") between your computer and and our network. There are 3 possible solutions:

Use CuteFTP or some other FTP client instead of WS_FTP.

In your WS_FTP configuration, change the setting for Passive Transfers (If you find that Passive Transfers is enabled, you should disable it and if it is disabled, you should enable it.) and/or

Increase the Network Timeout setting in WS_FTP to 120 or higher.

For more information on this error, see the WS_FTP Knowledge Base Article. http://support.ipswitch.com/kb/WS-19980612-BK21.htm

We finally located what was causing the CP to go down time to time and act sluggish (we thought we had found it last time). Should be working faster than ever now. I tried webshell on win4 and it worked great as well. Are you still having webshell problems?

I really think you are facing problems with your ISP. I logged into your account with ease and then proceeded to use WebShell without a hitch. Uploaded a file and then deleted it. Don't see any 404 or 500 errors.

Anyway, we are shifting datacenters next week (Read: http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=263). So if this problem continues after the 3 day period, it should be solved after the shift.

Back