FTP resume on Linux web server

jpveen

European
Hi all,
One of my customers has problems with FTP. Large file transfers abort and the CL1-WEB17 ftp service seems not to accept FTP-resume. The error is "Append/Restart not permitted, try again".

Can I change something in hSphere to get append/resume working? Or does it has to be changed by Jodohost on the server-side manualy?

Thanks!

I don't believe i've ever seen anything on Hsphere side to allow/disallow that, but I don't think we specifically disabled such on the server side either, having the linux team check it!

Hello,

Hsphere doesn't have such option to do "Append/Restart" either via control panel or on the server side configuration files of ftp. However, it should be work automatically. We would like to you raise a support ticket with mention all the details including (ftp details , file size , ftp tool you're using and the error). We'll check it and will do the needful asap.

Here's the response I received today in ticket #RS #CIN-62268-265 in regards to this issue:

"Due to security reasons we do not support pause and resume uploads. Please try uploading the documents one at time.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

With Regards,
Naman Kaushik"

I find the response rather patronizing and the lack of an offer of alternatives or workarounds is simply unacceptable, as large file uploads always suffer from dead connections, etc, so there's effectively no way for us to upload large files; a real show stopper for several new large clients.

Updated response sent to me today:

"Hello,

We have enabled this feature.Kindly check and update us if it is working as expected.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek"

Thanks, JH, for accommodating our needs!

Back