Getting a ColdFusion Datasource added

I have been trying since 10am on MONDAY to have a datasource created on my account by jodohost's support staff. First it was pointed at the wrong database, then after various delays, it was supposedly created, but yet any attempt to access it results in the following error:

---
Error Executing Database Query.
ERROR: Could not locate datasourcename. This usually means that the jrun-resources file does not contain configuration data for this database or pool
---

Currently the support team is trying to convince me that the problem is in the code, which I know for a fact it is not. To begin with, the code and database are a direct copy of a client's site, also hosted on Jodohost, that work perfectly on his account. Furthermore, I've created a test file, which includes nothing but the follow code:

<CFQUERY NAME="getCategories" DATASOURCE="datasourcename">
SELECT *
FROM ProductCategories
</CFQUERY>

<CFOUTPUT QUERY="getCategories">
#getCategories.CatName#<br>
</CFOUTPUT>

This code results in the same exact error described above.

I am at a loss. As I said, I've been trying to get this datasource set up since Monday morning. It's now almost Friday.

Trouble ticket number is 33724.

-laurie

until they go to the next version of Hsphere, you have to have support do it for you. I ran into this as well.
At least this was the policy 2 months ago.

Good luck

dave

Oh, I completely understand that they have to handle datasource creation, and that doesn't bother me in the least, I just find it ridiculous that it should take 4 days (and counting) to do so.

No reply, as yet, to my latest response to my trouble ticket. It was posted last night at about 11pm.

X(

Our support team creates quite a number of cfmx dsns every day for our resellers and customers, most under 30 minutes

I am surprised you are having this problem. Could you PM me your ticket ID?
Also, hspherw 2.4.1 upgrade in progress. Inbuilt CFMX dsn support included

If it is MS SQL or MySQL atleast you need to have UserName and Password in your CFquery. I put it in a application variable to make it easy to change if necessary.

<cfquery name="QueryName" datasource="#Application.dsn#" username="#Application.dbuser#" password="#Application.dbpass#">

Thanks xscott. I've never had to do that in the past, but tried it anyway... unfortunately, I still get the same error.

Well, it's been over a week now, and I still don't have a working datasource, and have received no response from support since before the weekend.

Cheap web hosting is nice and all, especially when you're only trying to use it as development space, as I am. But when the one resource on my account that I need (i.e. ColdFusion) is utterly useless because I can't get anyone to set up a simple datasource and get it working correctly -- or even respond to me at this point -- it no longer seems to make sense for me to waste my money.

I know absolutely nothing about ColdFusion, but it sounded like the HSphere 2.4.1 upgrade that was done a couple days ago was suppose to allow you to create your own CF DSN's now. Is that not the case?

I've been trying to get the support staff at Jodohost to help me with this for over a week now. "It is the case" is the extent of the reply I'm going to get? Great...

peskypup, I think I might have forgotted to reply to your PM. Your ticket is no longer in the ticket queue and we could not find it.

Could you open a fresh ticket with your issue and it'll be taken care of immediately.

But as dannyc said, you can now create your CFMX dsn directly from the CP

Back