Getting more from my stats

Hi there

Just a quick question. I am using the installation of Webalizer (version 2.01) that Jodo VPS Value has installed.

I need to get more information on the websites my visitors are exiting too. At the moment the Exit Page information for any given month is only the top ten pages and unfortunetly it seems to be recording pages that are actually within my website, such as the message board to make matters worst for me.

Is there any way to expand the list beyond just the top 10 exit pages, preferable to see ALL (I know it would be a big list) of the pages visitors exited too.

Basically I have a sponsor whom I am in negoitation with and I need to know how many visitors he is getting from my site before I offer him a price.

Also, is the "Visits" column a resonable way of getting a rough impression of visitors to the site?

Thank you all for your help.

Why not use Google Analytics? We will also be doing some live visitor software in the coming month in beta status and hope to offer it at some point as well.

The stats monitoring really varies by log level to be honest, "hits" are just page loads when "visitors" will typically be unique people/computers

Cheers Stephen.

I wasn't aware of the Google program. I have now signed up and will use it.

However that is only going to give me information from here on, is there any way you know of to extract the information from the stats / logs that will show me how many people have left to a particular website over the course of a period of time?

Cheers for your help.

Remember all those files we discussed in the last few days? Hopefully you did not remove them ALL

You can download something like Funnel Web Analyzer and it is very accurate in my experience for measuring this.

8o I think I kept about 2 months worth, so hopefully that will be enough. :D Typical, the minute I delete them is the minute I need them!

I will give that program a look. Does it typically use much in the way of VPS resources in your experience?

Thank you.

8o I think I kept about 2 months worth, so hopefully that will be enough. :D Typical, the minute I delete them is the minute I need them!

I will give that program a look. Does it typically use much in the way of VPS resources in your experience?

Thank you.

No need to use it on the vps, just zip/rar those logs you have and FTP download them, then do it on your local PC :)

Back