Global DSPAM settings

timruns

Perch
Not to complain about DSPAM, but...

I am a reseller with about 10-15 clients. mainly, I do webdesign, but I host for them as well as an added benefit for them.

I get tired of having my email bounced sending to my other clients on JODO, or, like today, getting the below email -- I have no idea what my client was trying to tell me, just that I didn't get the message!

What I would like to propose is that Jodo gives us the ability to globally trust our own clients! Specifically, to be able to make a change, on the reseller level (or higher) that all JODO ip addresses (including mail & web servers) be labeled as trusted. Does anyone else agree? Oh, and is there a way to find this email?

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 515 invoked by uid 399); 8 Jun 2007 07:50:26 -0000
X-Virus-Scan: Scanned by ClamAV 0.90.1 (no viruses);
Fri, 08 Jun 2007 03:50:26 -0400
Received: from unknown (HELO dspam1.m****here.biz) (204.14.110.250)
by mail5.m****here.biz with SMTP; 8 Jun 2007 07:50:26 -0000
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by dspam1.m****here.biz (Postfix) with SMTP id BBAF47F8CC8
for <[email protected]>; Fri, 8 Jun 2007 03:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from mail6.m****here.biz (smtp9.m****here.biz [204.10.107.156])
by dspam1.m****here.biz (Postfix) with SMTP id 8AB217F8CF7
for <[email protected]>; Fri, 8 Jun 2007 03:50:23 -0400 (EDT)
Received: (qmail 20845 invoked by uid 399); 8 Jun 2007 07:50:23 -0000
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: (qmail 20371 invoked by uid 399); 8 Jun 2007 07:49:53 -0000
Message-Id: <[email protected]****here.biz>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 03:50:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
X-DSPAM-Result: Spam
X-DSPAM-Processed: Fri Jun 8 03:50:24 2007
X-DSPAM-Confidence: 0.5981
X-DSPAM-Probability: 1.0000
X-DSPAM-Signature: 46690a4062543182017228
X-DSPAM-User: [email protected]

Someone from Jodo can correct me if I'm wrong but dspam does not bounce messages. It just adds to the Spamassassin score and, if over the threshold, Spamassassin takes the actions as defined in the control panel.

I take it from this that you are receiving a message that appears to come from your client and is marked as spam. Is the body blank? I don't know what's happening there. Could it be spammers sending "from" their address to an invalid address and bouncing to you as postmaster? I can't see that from the headers but perhaps something like that.

I'm just trying to understand. There was another message on these forums last week talking about dspam and bouncing. It seems like a common misunderstanding that dspam somehow bounces mail.

Ross

Technically, that is true -- DSPAM doesn't reject the email, the Spam settings in Hsphere do -- but it is becuase DSPAM marks it as such, that the default Spam settings cause it to get deleted.

Yes -- this is all that came through (this was actually the body of the email, i did not grab the header)

Neither the body nor the subject of the email is apparent -- but my client is [email protected]. I have not asked them yet to resend, I would rather find the email somewhere in the bowels of a deleted folder somewhere...

All that to say, I still would like to be able to have a setting somewhere to say that I, and all my clients, trust Jodo mail servers.

Thanks
Tim

Actually, this is false and I have the proof. I have a client who kept telling me people emailing her when getting the email bounced back to them as spam. I checked the settings and SA is set to mark. I got the client to track down the bounced email and sure enough, it was bouncing back.

I will be sending a ticket soon.

JodoHost has stated a few times that under circumstances DSPAM will bounce mails by design. There's at least the greylisting function that will refuse to deliver the mail at the first attempt from certain IPs.

Back to my original peeve...

JODO should not effectively blacklist its own servers. My client in this case is a childrens theatre production. They are not spamming, and the only times they email me is for technical assistance.

Why did DSPAM flag them to the point the email got deleted? Why do I see other emails to/from clients on JODO with [SPAM] tags?

Can JODO whitelist its own servers?!?!?! Yes or No?

JodoHost has stated a few times that under circumstances DSPAM will bounce mails by design. There's at least the greylisting function that will refuse to deliver the mail at the first attempt from certain IPs.

First I've read about this. I'll look into this.

Back