GoDaddy SSL on win27???

Yeah, that could be a big problem. They publish email addresses on one of the other domains, so I can't disable all of them to test. Any ideas?

I just manually removed all the host headers except the blank IP entry to eliminate any problems with a server side IIS conflict, don't worry the blank entry means you could point iwantmydomainsslcertworkingright.mobi to it and it would reply as long as hitting the ip :)

It fails for me in the latest Safari, Chrome, FireFox, and IE. Yesterday it worked in Safari, but no longer.

It fails for me in the latest Safari, Chrome, FireFox, and IE. Yesterday it worked in Safari, but no longer.

yes it worked when using the hpshere cert, the godaddy cert simply won't work :(

I manually installed this from the zip you sent even. The hpshere one works if you add an exception(in firefox) but not otherwise.

Server move and a total do-over?

What I'm trying to do here is not uncommon, right (secure a domain with multiple "aliases" pointed to it)? Are the aliases even a consideration?

yes it worked when using the hpshere cert, the godaddy cert simply won't work :(

I manually installed this from the zip you sent even. The hpshere one works if you add an exception(in firefox) but not otherwise.

Basically, the SSL cert is there, shows validated, but is as good as dead, it isn't serving up.
Other godaddy certs working fine(even the shared m****here.biz cert is godaddy!)

Server move and a total do-over?

What I'm trying to do here is not uncommon, right (secure a domain with multiple "aliases" pointed to it)? Are the aliases even a consideration?

I don't think a server move is going to change anything at all, aliases have no play on it now. I have removed them manually. In fact I know a server change is not going to change anything here.

The certificate seems to be at fault for this.

I'd say try one more time with a new CSR, regenerate, and send again can update in ticekt for it manually. If you can send the CSR and Key to us in ticket(in protected zip or whatever you wish) we can do the hsphere side on it as well.

What if you manually generated the CSR and installed a newly created SSL manually (not from hsphere)? If you can send me the CSR I will "rekey" (GoDaddy terms) a new SSL and send it back.

What if you manually generated the CSR and installed a newly created SSL manually (not from hsphere)? If you can send me the CSR I will "rekey" (GoDaddy terms) a new SSL and send it back.

Check ticket reply.

Stephen, I'm very impressed with your dedication. I don't know what caused the problem, but you stuck with it and for that I thank you tremendously.

Are there any takeaway points for this; lessons I should have learned, a better way to do the SSL?

Stephen, I'm very impressed with your dedication. I don't know what caused the problem, but you stuck with it and for that I thank you tremendously.

Are there any takeaway points for this; lessons I should have learned, a better way to do the SSL?

I am not 100% sure here if all the aliases made for a corrupt CSR or what exactly was the issue, but it is resolved now. I don't really have an answer for the core problem but I know that the cert we got back till the last one, was not working right at all, but we'd done all the steps properly so that pretty much leaves CSR mismatch or cert problem as the only cause left.

I can buy that. So, that being said, in the future, I will generate the CSR prior to setting up additional domain aliases. Maybe that will do the trick.

Back