H-Sphere patch, allows to dedicate a whole server to a specific reseller...

Dave96

Perch
Hi,

This idea popped in my mind as the demand for reseller accounts keep growing for my current customers.

Would it be possible to attach a dedicate server to JoDo's cluster in order to allow a specific reseller to offer reseller plans himself? Maybe the server needs to be CP/Web and be able to share the Win/Email/DB space of Jodo's server.

I'm just throwing stuff here, but if that is possible than I'm definitely in for it.

Oh yes its definately possible. We have offered such plans to our growing resellers. Do write to sales if you need something like that

I asked sales on live chat, they couldn't understand what I was saying. They thought I meant a whole cluster for myself.

What I mean is 1 server attached to your cluster sharing everything which allows me to create resellers.

Dave,

It would be a special request setup, most likely not handled via livechat,but sales email.

OK, and how would that work out? I use the my*******.biz DNS servers?

This will allow Windows/Linux reselling if I'm correct?

Dave,

It is linux only for the option to dedicated a server to a reseller. since it is under the reseller, it would be your DNS.

OK, so they will use my current DNS server even though they are resellers? Will it be possible for them to setup private NS like we do?

How would I manage my resellers?

No, you can not have resellers, that is not what this does, it allows us to give only ONE reseller access to a whole server.

Actually your topic is exactly correct, but the premise that resellers could have resellers was the incorrect portion.

On a side note, I was thinking about this... If I do get a dedicated server on your cluster... How would DB/Windows/Email space be calculated?

I would be like now. Actually, mysql/pgsql could be on the dedicated server you purchase as well.

Nah it would be better on yours, less load on my server :D

So the shared space I currently have on my reseller wold be for Email/Windows/MSSQL/MySQL/PgSQL?

if it were me, I would put mysql on my own server, can control it more and do dumps/imports directly.

One benefit of having a dedicated linux machine is you can get ssh access, which we don't give out on reseller accounts on the shared servers.

I'm not too good of a sysadmin but it could be installed so that I play around with it and if I'm confident I could transfer to it.

What about my second question?

"So the shared space I currently have on my reseller would be for Email/Windows/MSSQL/MySQL/PgSQL?"

One more question comes to mind... Who will manage the server? I would expect it would be you since it is attached to your cluster?

Back