hack clean up?

Some one had a bit of fun w/ a couple of pages on a couple of my sites, and I'm trying to clean up the mess. In the process, they dropped a php page w/ permissions 644, ownership as accountname:accountname.

For some reason, I can't get that file deleted -- can't do it thru the webshell, can't do it thru an FTP client using the account credentials. Most other files on the server are accountname:httpd, and those I can always tweak; even other files that are accountname:accountname will let me change permissions -- but this one, not. What do I do here?

Gee, George, that was very insightful. :rolleyes: -- never thought of that. I figured that since this has perhaps happened to others on the Jodohost reseller plans lately, we could all benefit from the answer...

Sorry... just being a smart-a$$

Actually, it often seems people assume this forum is how to contact technical support. From a technical persepective, removing the potentially malicous file from a shared enviroment would (should) be the number one proirity - if others have been experiencing this same 'hack' then support should be made aware of it, and (hopefully) know how to quickly remove the file to avoid potential larger issues arising on a server-basis.

No offence intended in the post.

Sorry... just being a smart-a$$

No offense taken. :] I just prefer to first try the forum in order to alleviate pressure from the tech guys @ jodohost -- they have enough to deal with, so if someone in the community can give me the answer so much the better.

It's still not clear to me why I can't clear the file in question -- I'm the owner of the account and should have access even with a 644'd file, yet this bugger stubbornly refuses to be removed. I'll see what the tech gurus have to say...

It's still not clear to me why I can't clear the file in question -- I'm the owner of the account and should have access even with a 644'd file, yet this bugger stubbornly refuses to be removed. I'll see what the tech gurus have to say...

Possibly the file has an in use lock, it can happen sometimes, and is the most common reason I have seen for denied on the windows side, this sounds like it could be possible even though it is not on the windows side of the equation :)

Back