Has anybody requested any changes to Win5 server?

LegalAlien said:
Well, not a complete waste of time - I think this crazy thread serves as an excellent example of Jodo going well beyond the call of duty.
you have a point there..

but anyways ten pages of arguing. if you ask me, we have spare time problems when reading through the whole shit. LOL

I guess the only issue to decide now is whether there is so much **** that the thread should be rendered useless and be deleted, or whether my point as above means it should stay!

I vote useless.. not everybody reads through a thread like this on 10 pages. I think most of them are active users like us

and if someone reads through it, they might be paranoid idiots who think this is a negative thing about the company..

but it can at least stay for some days and see what the people have to say about it

but hell, im outta here for now.. don't post to much when I am sleeping! I really don't have time for this, but I read almost every thread on this forum if I have time or not

I use the exact same code as pam b and I have never experienced this error.

Maybe it was a corruption in the file upload the first time, but the chances of the exact same corruption occurring whenever the file is uploaded is very, very slim.

I am positive that pam b did not insert a 'c' into the file.

Therefore, my conclusions are that either someone was pissing about with the server, someone was pissing about with the files or a freak error occurred.

In regards to the way that you have treated your customer has astounded me...this is appauling treatment!!!

Now getting a programmer to look into somebody else's files is also incredibly wrong. Pam B did not agree to you doing this, so, quite frankly, it is up to you. The $50 is your problem, not in the slightest bit pam b's problem. Pam B specifically said that she was getting people to look at it so tough shit.

This entire situation has completely put me off JodoHost - mainly because of the way pam b was treated by the JodoHost representative and by other community members.

Interlink said:
Regarding the $ 50, a tentative breakdown :)

$ 1 fix
$ 49 what and where

I disagree. Like it or not, people do not fix things for nothing. $50 is reasonable and I've known people charge more for similar fixes.

one character was causing so much grief but no-one could fix it. You are paying for the skill and knowledge, not just for what they did.

mark_macinnes said:
In regards to the way that you have treated your customer has astounded me...this is appauling treatment!!!

Now getting a programmer to look into somebody else's files is also incredibly wrong. Pam B did not agree to you doing this, so, quite frankly, it is up to you.

Did you read this WHOLE thread? Yash went out of his way to try and help this lady. He never demanded repayment, rather he asked nicely if she would agree to it.

OK - maybe he shouldn't have gone ahead without explicit authorization, but reptile was very obviously distressed over the whole thing, and putting the blame squarely on JH. You would have thought a simple thank you wouldn't have been toooo much? And I can hardly blame Yash for wanting to fix the problem and prove it wasn't JH error.

But more than that, the time and effort Yash has given her today is to be applauded, not to be appauled at, WHOEVER was in the wrong, surely???

LegalAlien said:
I disagree. Like it or not, people do not fix things for nothing. $50 is reasonable and I've known people charge more for similar fixes.

one character was causing so much grief but no-one could fix it. You are paying for the skill and knowledge, not just for what they did.

I agree 100% Please excuse my sorry English ! My company charges from $ 100 to $ 300 hour. I was trying to say it was a real bargain!

Interlink said:
I agree 100% Please excuse my sorry English ! My company charges from $ 100 to $ 300 hour. I was trying to say it was a real bargain!

Sorry - I misunderstood!!! But I think we've definately cleared up that point! A bargain. :D

Your all ****in nuts and very gullible, good luck!
Dont matter one jot what u say about me, i couldnt care less, i know the truth of it!
Go ahead ban me, couldnt give one frankly, given enough time up to this. If you have the brains to look, i left about page 8? its now page what 10? will we be on page 13 soon and still arguing even without me, boy what a bunch of flakes!
It Happened just like i said, live with it! I am, and i couldnt care less!

Do I need to call in a Crushed Ice Truck to dump in the forums for a while? :)
On the plus side, I love eating crushed ice, it has no real flavor but gives you the sensation of eating.

reptilecrazy said:
Your all ****in nuts and very gullible, good luck!
Dont matter one jot what u say about me, i couldnt care less, i know the truth of it!
Go ahead ban me, couldnt give one frankly, given enough time up to this. If you have the brains to look, i left about page 8? its now page what 10? will we be on page 13 soon and still arguing even without me, boy what a bunch of flakes!
It Happened just like i said, live with it! I am, and i couldnt care less!

Hey Reptile. I certainly haven't thrown around any insults, and I don't recall others doing so - UNLIKE what you have done. I have only stated my opinion about your actions. I think you completely over-reacted, were not willing to accept any responsibilty whatsoever, and on top of that, you appeared very ungrateful for the huge amount of help and attention you received today.

And if you really don't care, then why do you feel the need to continued participation in this discussion?

Stephen said:
On the plus side, I love eating crushed ice, it has no real flavor but gives you the sensation of eating.

Nice try son. :D Now then, I believe a challenge has been set to make this thread to 13 pages...

I feel the need to add to this thread... after reading through it, I'm now emotionally attached and want to contribute... so there! :p

mark_macinnes said:
This entire situation has completely put me off JodoHost - mainly because of the way pam b was treated by the JodoHost representative and by other community members.

You must be kidding :O
Yes, the $50 was rather out of the blue but she isn't being forced to pay that.

reptilecrazy said:
If you have the brains to look, i left about page 8? its now page what 10?

Correction, you stopped making useful comments and instead resorted to plain flaming and trolling only. That's not the same as leaving.

Stephen said:

I always eat the ice cubes in my coke at Burger King/McDonalds/whatever 8)

SubSpace said:
Correction, you stopped making useful comments and instead resorted to plain flaming and trolling only. That's not the same as leaving.

And i only did that when somebody called me a mad cow, then the red mist desended.
The situation has been resolved, i have paid the 50 dollars as frankly a fix is a fix, at the end of the day no matter how mad i am about it, it WAS fixed so i have paid for what i recieved.
I have alot of respect for Yash, and yes he has gone out of his way to help me in the past, and for that i thank him and he has my appreciation, this matter got out of hand as it was something i hadnt asked for, however i'll conceed that at the end of the day its fixed, so i'll stop *****in and moaning. I really dont understand what/how of it, and both me and Yash feel like shit, and again i'll conceed that he shouldnt of been made to feel like that, I'll also say to his CEO, please dont give him grief over it, its done its sorted now between Yash and myself.
I wont post on the forum anymore, and will keep anything ticket based, you have all (many thanks for the support i recieved however both here and privately) done an excellent job on letting me know what u think of me, and i dont now have any strength left, so will now go and clawl back under my rock.

Subspace said:

This and other such comments from the JodoHost community and the way JodoHost has acted has seriously put me off JodoHost.

Perhaps JodoHost should make sure that the forums that represent the company should, at least, have swearing blocked. It leaves a very bad impression.

The issue has been resolved
reptilecrazy has even decided to pay the $50 which I really wasn't necessary because I do agree, I should have taken her approval

I'll be deleting this thread in 12 hours.

Mark_maccines, what do you mean by "jodohost acted"? I stood in here and did my job that was to address Pam's and everyone's concerns and questions...

Back