Help w/ SSL install

I'm hoping someone can offer some additional clarification: I generated a key request thru hsphere, sent the request along to my CA (IPSCA), and got a CR and a private key, as well as a temp. cert.

Now I have the "official" cert, and I assumed I could just go drop it off in hsphere under "Install Certificate based on previously generated Certificate request" -- but when I do that, I get error messages from browsers when I hit the secure site -- "Security Connection Failed" with (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer).

IPSCA talk about a bundle file with root CAs, but there's nowhere I can drop those off as far as I can tell, and the instructions to do so indicate that I should be dropping them in the root of the server -- not happening, is it now?

What do I do -- I really shouldn't need to get with support for this, it's by the book and should be doable thru hsphere, no?

Hi thingwarbler,

The process you described is exactly the way it worked at one time using GoDaddy certificates.

Through H-Sphere turn on SSL support
Generate a Signing Request, Private Key and Temporary Cert.
Take the Signing Request to the CA.

When the CA sent back the full Cert. you could paste it into "Install Certificate based on previously generated Certificate request" area in H-Sphere Control Panel...and update. And all would then be fine under SSL and the Certificate information would show valid and trusted.

The last part (as you have seen) has not worked properly since the H-Sphere upgrade for the two sites I have done it for. The only way I have been able to get it to work is with the help of support. I have sent them the Private key and the official cert. and they have somehow installed it by not using the H-Sphere panel.

Thx for the reply, ItM. That's what I thought I read in the other recent thread re. SSL installs. Too bad the busy guys in support have to get involved with this stuff -- that's what all the nifty tools in hsphere is supposed to avoid, after all. 8o

Back