Help with VPS

Hello Forum Readers-
Been a while since I have visited this forum... Anyway nice to see you all again. I was presented with a task today that has be a bit baffled. I have used windows plans for every account I have set up. Today I was presented with a task that I believe requires a VPS account. Well I've never set one up before... So I tried. Here's the result. I created the VPS account through my CP. I want to run a service from the VPS that will delivered to the web. The client has a windows account, they would like this service to be available to them via a sub-domain of their primary site. Anyway... That said... Does anyone have any suggestions for connecting to this account. I have never done it before. I, per suggestion, have downloaded a copy of "Putty" for telnet and ssh connections. I think this is how I connect. Any suggestions?

You can point the sub domain to the IP address of your VPS account

Then of course you'll have to deploy that service/program in your VPS account. You can use putty to login to it (use SSH. Your root password is whatever you chose). After that, you'll need to learn a few commands.. Maybe SubSpace can help you...

Was your VPS account activated? Did you get a confirmation email after 30 minutes from the VPS server that your VPS account was initiated? There is a problem on VPS2 where new accounts weren't getting initiated (and hence, you couldn't ping the IP). PSOFT was working on that (i'll have to check the status) but I'm not sure if that is resolved.

Mleh, and I was still waiting for the problem to be fixed :)
As for help with commands, I can try, but I'm not a Linux guru. I run my own server at home for connection sharing and a bunch of other services, and I manage, but that's about it :)

There is one remaining problem, the VPS IPs are not getting assigned to the nic

We are working on this

Ya, the VPS account was set up. It initialized very shortly after I set it up. I am noticing the IP (or rather lack of). So essentially this means that I am doing everything correctly right. I once the IP becomes active... I just login through putty using ssh. And basically I am sitting in front of the linux box as root using terminal? Am I following?

Hey anyone hear anymore about the VPS2 IP Bind situation? 24+ hours is hurting me badly.

EDIT: I can't spell, so I fixed some spelling. :p

Code Cleric said:
Hey anyone hear anymore about the VPS2 IP Bind situation? 24+ hours is hurting me badly.

Not yet, apart from a repeat of the statement that they're working on it.

We are working really hard on this situation.

If you want, should I put your account on VPS1 till we resolve this issue?

VPS doesn't like multiple subnets, that's why the IP won't bing. We are working to put a resolution to this by tomorrow

I'm not in a real rush to get my new VPS account fixed, should I submit a ticket to get the IP assigned or will it be fixed when the source of the problem is solved?

I noticed that I can connect to the Server now. Does this mean the IP issue has been resolved or has my account been manually fixed?

No Code Cleric
We will have to recreate the 10 to 15 odd accounts on VPS2. We'll be assigning a different IP block to the server

an announcement would be made as soon as this was completed

Problem has been resolved. Just recreate your VPS account now and you'll be on our new ultra-fast VPS2 vps server

The problem doesn't seem to be solved. I recreated my account and got assigned an IP in the same range as before, and I can't connect to it.

Back