Horde fetch IMAP port issue?

I'm moving a client from a jodohost VPS setup to a reseller setup. As part of the exercise I need to migrate mail sitting on a smartermail server on the VPS into the Horde mail system in hsphere. I've set up a Fetch Mail account in Horde that's supposed to IMAP to the smartermail server, but even though the Smartermail server is using the port that Horde requires (993) I'm still getting:
Fetchmail: Cannot connect to the remote mail server: Can't connect to mail.xxx.com,993: Connection timed out
From what I'm googling it may still be a port issue: either the reseller box or the VPS may not be open on 993 for the transaction to take place. Anyone have some additional guidance here -- or a different way of doing what I'm after?

Do you know the user/pass on both sides? If so I'd just use outlook or tbird and drag and drop the mail across :D I have done this before for my own email.

Oh and for the issue, it may be that egress firewall is blocking port 993 from the server.

Thx, Stephen. Yeah, that was the way I was initially thinking of doing it, but then I saw that nifty little Fetchmail feature in horde and thought it might do the trick more elegantly.

So much for elegant, but the old-fashioned way works fine...

Back