Host Headers

Bobum

Perch
I currently have 2 domains registered in my hosting package. Right now each domain has a directory under my main root account. Is it possible to get Jodohost to set the host headers for both sites to point to the same directory so that I can run multipl Portals from one DotNetNuke installation instead of having two sets of all the DNN files (one in each domains directory)? Is that somethign that you guys allow?

If you're on a Linux server, you can also create a symlink from one directory to the other. However, creating the symlink is kind of difficult. You'll have to make a PHP script or similar to create the symlink.

Yash said:
You can use symlinks on Windows too but I don't really see the necessity of that :)

Windows doesn't have symlinks, technically. It does have hardlinks and junction points though (at least on NTFS) ;)

SubSpace said:
Windows doesn't have symlinks, technically. It does have hardlinks and junction points though (at least on NTFS) ;)

Of course it isn't called symlinks :) But junctions are very similar to it :)

We use them quite often on Windows especially when we had to move hslogfiles to another hard disk

BTW Yash, your suggestion about the alis - worked like a charm - I now have all 3 different domains pointing to my single DotNetNuke installation - thanks so much!!!!!

Back