Hosting and Email ?

aussie7

Perch
I need help with my hosting ?

I want to use Wix.com website template and need some help with email, Wix offers domain name hosting but not email services

I want to point my domain to the Wix template and use jodo for my email, can this be done ?(

TIA :)

Yes, just host DNS/email here, and make a custom A records to point to wix for your templated site, you may need to ask them what the IP address is for making a DNS record manually.

then you will here remove built in blank, www, and * a records (leave CNAME and MX, those control email), and make custom blank (domain only) and * A records pointing to the IP they give.

Yes, just host DNS/email here, and make a custom A records to point to wix for your templated site, you may need to ask them what the IP address is for making a DNS record manually.

then you will here remove built in blank, www, and * a records (leave CNAME and MX, those control email), and make custom blank (domain only) and * A records pointing to the IP they give.

Thanks, I'm a newbie with this so can you spell it out for me please ?(

Domain is with Planet Domain

TIA ;)

Thanks, I'm a newbie with this so can you spell it out for me please ?(

Domain is with Planet Domain

TIA ;)

Planet Domain, probably won't be touched as long as DNS is pointing to us now. (via reseller, shared anything)

if reseller, make sure custom DNS is allowed on your 'end user' plan.

Go to the DNS editing section like mentioned here:
http://www.jodohost.com/hsphere/html/editing_dns.html#adding

Go to trashcan by the two builtin A records and delete them, add custom entries for the domain pointing to the IP they give.

The first will be a blank, leave field empty, on TTL put 1200, instead of the 86400 there, then on the last data field put the IP wix provides.

Do the same again but on the Name field put a * again 1200 on TTL, and the same IP as last time.

This will point your site to their template/edit engine and domain hosting, and keep your email/dns here for control.

Planet Domain, probably won't be touched as long as DNS is pointing to us now. (via reseller, shared anything)

if reseller, make sure custom DNS is allowed on your 'end user' plan.

Go to the DNS editing section like mentioned here:
http://www.jodohost.com/hsphere/html/editing_dns.html#adding

Go to trashcan by the two builtin A records and delete them, add custom entries for the domain pointing to the IP they give.

The first will be a blank, leave field empty, on TTL put 1200, instead of the 86400 there, then on the last data field put the IP wix provides.

Do the same again but on the Name field put a * again 1200 on TTL, and the same IP as last time.

This will point your site to their template/edit engine and domain hosting, and keep your email/dns here for control.

Thanks I'll give it a go and get back to you if I need help ;)

Back