hosting types

webtech

Perch
Hi all

At the risk of sounding stupid, and I'll risk it anyway, I wanted to clear up the types of hosting I can offer using my reseller account.

I am migrating from unitedhosting wher I have a reseller account but I can only host websites and I cant set up accounts for other people to host websites.

Would I be correct in thinking that by opening a jodo reseller account I have effectively put myself in the shoes of unitedhosting by being able to not only host websites directly but also 'host' other resellers (i.e. by using one of my accounts in the package)??????

I'm also unclear as to the differences between the administration account and the sevice account I have set up and what hierarchy or structure I would use to host only customers that needed websites and not resellers as my business is as a web designer and I therefore sell directly to the 'end user'.

I think I understand that the service account would be where I would put my main site i.e. www.mywebdesignsite.com but where do I put my customers.....under this account, under one other account or all under separate account???

If someone could clarify this for me I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance!

:]

Under Jodo, you cant host resellers. The difference between Jodo and a lot of other providers, is that you can resell Windows, Linux, and VPS packages. All under one account. However, Jodo have a few more things in the pipeline, like being able to resell Dedicated servers (in which case there would be a way to resell reseller accounts)

When you sign up, you need to set up an Admin account, this is where you do everything regarding the services you resell. set up packages, pricing. etc etc.

Then, effectively you sign yourself up to a package on which you host your hosting website. Just like others sign up to. This is called your Service account.

Does this help?

Thanks

Yes thanks that makes it a bit clearer but where do I put my customers.....under this account, under one other account or all under separate account???

Cheers

:]

you create plans with spacific resources ad features.

then you can personally create accounts from the administration account or the term "off the street" straight from the website, like you have when joining jodohost.

If you setup your service account under a plan setup with unlimited domains then you can host your design clients in the one control panel, so long as they are all windows or are all linux type website requirements. This case would be if they do not need to access the control panel...only you do on thier behalf(managed)
otherwise you can create a new control panel(account) for customers who require cp acces & new signups.

Back