How can I stop IE from limiting no. of chars in textarea?

bro said:
Try it with Firefox, see if it's any different. If it's not then I can't think of any other config setting that could affect it on a particular machine.

Well, I tried it on my other XP machine and it behaves the same.
What a drag!
I wonder why this issue hasn't come up more often....
If anyone finds out how to configure IE to stop this bad behavior, please let me know!
Thanks to all,
S

here's your problem. the form with the textarea is being submitted by a "GET". Make it use "POST" and your problem will go away. IE does have a limit to the size of a url, including the querystring, and that's the limitation that you're coming up against.

There is no way around this issue with IE except to use a real browser like FireFox. The limit in IE is 2083 characters.

woops i didn't see the second page to this thread as someone else already mentioned this as the problem. You don't have either post or get defined in the form tag, therefore it's using get.

woops, looks like you just changed it. it's posting now. I just submitted a bit of text with 2004 characters and it's working now.

jonyah said:
here's your problem. the form with the textarea is being submitted by a "GET". Make it use "POST" and your problem will go away. IE does have a limit to the size of a url, including the querystring, and that's the limitation that you're coming up against.

There is no way around this issue with IE except to use a real browser like FireFox. The limit in IE is 2083 characters.

Hmmm...
I could've sworn I set the method to "POST" in the form. I guess that something went wrong when I did that, 'cause NOW IT WORKS!!
This was one of the first things I tried. Well I guess this problem is solved.
Thanks very much for the prod in the right direction. I'm glad I tried it again!
-- S

Back