How do you do Server-2-Server FTP - win 6 to win 7

Hi,

Is there a way to ftp between servers?
I have files on a win6 account that I wan't to copy to a new one on win7. I've got SmartFTP, and it tells me theres something called FXP that does this, doe's your servers do that?
Any I deas on how to use it?

Thanks,

Anthony

We could manually transfer them for you, open a ticket.

Yes, FXP is a FTP client that does server to server transfers. I never was able to get that to work when I tried using it a year back.

Ok, thanks ill put a ticket in..

-not going to be too much data now anyhow I just found AWStats using nearly 200mb for its archive.

FWIW - I use a little utility/FTP client "Window Commander 5.0" it is a file-manager per se that let's you connect to multiple ftp servers and even transfers between two remote server connections. A neat little feature is that it lets you syncronize folders too.

<added>I guess its now called Total commander with an updated version 6.03a</added>

The Microsoft FTP server doesn't allow for FXP, that's why you couldn't get it to work :p

FXP requires the server to allow data connections from a different IP than the accompanying control connection is from. Some servers disallow this for security.

Thank you for informing me :) I guess I should have asked one of our Windows admins back then instead of wasting time with FXP :)

Back