How to get my local MSSQL database on to Jodohost?

Daze

Perch
I've just deleted my existing MSSQL database, as I'm starting a new project. I've been building a new database locally in MS SQL Server 2000, and I'm ready to put it live. What is the best way to "upload" this to Jodohost's SQL server?

It's been so long since I've had to create a MS SQL database (we had a dedicated DA and I got lazy) that I'm a little out of my depth. Foolishly (?) I've been using the "sa" account to create the database locally, and this doesn't exist in my Jodohost database (as any logins I create are prefixed with "<accountname>_"). Should my default user have the same access rights to my database as the dbo user? I never did spend enough time learning about logins, users and roles (etc), and I'm now paying the price.

How do you guys generally achieve this task?

Help!

Thanks in advance...

Ok here is how I would do it, first make sure all tables are tablename.dbo(not tabelname.user), have NO logins with access to the database except maybe SA.

Create a SQL DB on our services, and then document the name, well.

Use the following T-SQL from Query Analyzer to rename the DB to the same as it is on JH servers:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_sp_ra-rz_3yle.asp

After that, create a DB backup and send us the BAK file(upload to your FTP space and we will grab it), we will restore and verify that permissions are granted for your login to the DB, and you need to request that you have DBO as well.

That should do it for you.

Thanks Stephen. I'll do that as soon as I get home from work.

Is this how most customer do it?

i do it this way, but also i use EM, to tranfer data from local to remote server but is a bit time consuming and also default values if moving ll tables.,
sometimes i just make a duplicate on trhe website and move data

Back