How to uplaod SQL Server database from local machine to a web server

D

Debanjan Banerjee

Guys......

I decided to make a project using Visual Basic 6 as front end and MS SQL Server as back end. But I want to put my SQL Server databse from my local machine to a web server so that I can access tables of SQL Server online. How I will do it ?

Hi

You can use Enterprise Manager to do it or you can put in a ticket asking us to do a DTS import from your mssql server. You can also take a backup of the database and send it to us for us to restore your database from it

Re: How to uplaod database from server to local machine

Hello

I have a Access databse on my local system, but now i need to updated from a oracle database created on a hosting server.
So i want your help to tell my " how can i connect to the server and how upload a tables from the oracle databse".
I used a application on asp.net language vb.net.

Thank you for your replay.

Regard
Nadine

Hello

I have a Access databse on my local system, but now i need to updated from a oracle database created on a hosting server.
So i want your help to tell my " how can i connect to the server and how upload a tables from the oracle databse".

Regard
Nadine

Re: How to uplaod database from server to local machine

Hello

Regard
Nadine

Yash said:
Hi

You can use Enterprise Manager to do it

Hi,

I tried registering my jh database (on mssql8.jodoshared.com) using my local machine EM and jh database login, but received an Access Denied error.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Many thanks

This should work fine. Can you ping it and see the correct IP (the one you see in control panel) from your end?
Also try "telnet mssql8.jodoshared.com 1433" and see if you are able to get a connection.

Ping worked ok, but took while for response to come back.

Telnet didn't work.. probably due to firewall restrictions on client LAN.

I will try again from home later on.

Many thanks

Back