HSphere 2.4 Discussion Thread

Ok I will add the first one...

AWstats doesn't work...it is spitting out the code of perl to the screen. I thought maybe we would have to activate perl for each domain but see we cannot do that as perl is not an option.

I thought I would give you a chance to comment Yash rather than submit a ticket in case you knew about it.

AwStats and WebShell4 are not currently working properly on some servers. We are looking into that

You can configure AntiVirus and AntiSpam support from the control panel now..

I'd urge customers to use the Xpressia Lite design. its designed more conveniently and its faster than the Xpressia design. The Xpressia design is causing IE to lock up as well (being looked into by psoft)

Resellers should be noticing some nice improvements with the ticket system and other featues.. you can now edit the emails sent to customers, etc.

I was also under the impression we would be able to manage extra ftp accounts but don't see the options to manage them. I see we can add anonymous but that isn't the same thing.

Was I incorrect to assume we could manage ftp accounts now?

The Control Panel is currently terribly slow, even with the old design.
Personally I think it might be because the CP server is the same as the Mail server. The resource load of the mailserver has obviously increased now that antivirus and antispam were added, so perhaps it's time to separate these to two physical servers?

is anyone else experiencing CP slowness? Seems fine for me..
SubSpace, this is a dual xeon 2.4GHZ server with scsi hard disks. CPU usage is normal on the server..,.

yorri said:
I was also under the impression we would be able to manage extra ftp accounts but don't see the options to manage them. I see we can add anonymous but that isn't the same thing.

Was I incorrect to assume we could manage ftp accounts now?

I had also thought that this would be the case. It's actually the feature I wanted most. Are we going to get this functionality?

ftp sub accounts was scheduled to be included.. I've emailed psoft. They may be releasing in the next update.
We currently are creating ftp sub accounts manually on customer request

I have a couple of question.
1) I thought there was going to be a way to add Coldfusion DSN's so we don't have to send a request to Support.

2) Is there a way that a user can give the ASP.NET account permissions to a folder so the user doesn't need to send a request to support?

Looks good and it is working fine now. It was really slow this morning but it looks like it is working fine right now.

1) I was specifically told by PSOFT that Cold Fusion MX DSNs are supported in HSphere 2.4. I believe then when you create a regular DSN, it also creates a CF DSN. I'll clarify with PSOFt

2) Yes, this is possible in WebShell4. You can set directory permissions, etc. WebShell4 is not working on some servers (nor is Awstats) but this will be corrected in the next 24 hours

Raw Log Files have changed. They are being saved without the hour (hh) indicator in the filename.

Also the fields included have changed, including some fields that weren't there before and omitting some that were.

riley

Yash,

I took a look at the webshell but I did not find where I can give access to a folder to the ASP.NET account? Is there any documentation on how to do this?

Shamrox, give me 12 hours. I'll be making a detailed announcement about whats new and how things work.. I need to clarify alot of things with psoft. They said you can manipulate directory permissions but I'm not sure if you can manipulate .NET permissions..

I myself am having a difficult time figuring things out in the new version.

What's worse is that the upgade reopened all the tickets... so right now we have 10,000 tickets opened in the ticket center and its driving me nuts :( PSoft is working on this one..

But I'm sure once things are clarified, everyone especially resellers should enjoy this version

Just a quick follow-up on the log files:

Unlike the situation that happened about 6 months ago, where log files were overwritten because of the absence of the hour in the filename, the logs are now set to a daily setting, instead of an hourly setting.

So, there is no harm done here, but I would prefer hourly.

It sure would be nice if the control panel would give us control over things related to Raw Log files, beyond just On or Off.

riley

Yash said:
is anyone else experiencing CP slowness? Seems fine for me..
SubSpace, this is a dual xeon 2.4GHZ server with scsi hard disks. CPU usage is normal on the server..,.

It's very slow for me too

Yash said:
I'd urge customers to use the Xpressia Lite design. its designed more conveniently and its faster than the Xpressia design. The Xpressia design is causing IE to lock up as well (being looked into by psoft)
Once you change to the Xpressia Lite design you cannot change back to anything else. I like the layout of the old skins better. I wish I could change back.

Hi!

Anyone know how to turn off webalizer?

What setting is best to use on the spam guard?

Why is awstats not working on win6?
One of our clients when they click the magnifying glass next to it they are presented with scripting code.

Thank you in advance.

Back