Hsphere 2.4 update still going to happen?

yorri

Perch
Yash, do you have any addition info regarding this?? You mentioned in another thread this would happen Wednesday night.

Sorry if I should have asked in a ticket (as per new rules) but since it's not a problem I feel it shouldn't go in a ticket.

Just curious if you heard anything about RC1 or RC2 from other hosting companies that would prevent the update?

EDIT: You can ask anything on the forum.. The rules just say use the ticket system first for emergency situations

HSphere 2.4 update is going to happen, most likely this weekend. We have delayed it in the light of the Kernel issues on the Mail/CP server (a hardware change on this server is likely).

Upgrade to 2.4 will most likely be taking place in the next 12 hours...

This is a sensitive upgrade and we could delay it if we find problems..

When the upgrade has been completed, will all the new software features be available like AWSTATS?? Or, does this software have to be reinstalled by Jodohost?

Will the mail.domain.com pages need to recreated and/or software need to be reinstalled? If yes, do you have a schedule for this?

All software will be available immediately. If we have to recreate the mail.domain.com page, we'll do so immediately

Ok, I have good news. Hsphere 2.4 Final will be out on Monday. so we have decided to wait for the final version and upgrade on tuesday

It is tuesday is the upgrade going to happen? i have been waiting until the upgrade before i launch my new site. If its not going to happen can you let us know when its planned... ;)

I've put my stuff on hold as well...you are not the only one :)

I'm really anxious for this upgrade so I don't mind. Provided everything goes smoothly, it will be worth the wait (just hope we don't have to wait too much longer)

I do not understand what you are waiting for. HSphere 2.3 is perfectly stable and working fine..

2.4 Final has not been released. I'm going to get an update from PSOFT today. if they say it will take another 4 or 5 days, we will wait otherwise we will upgrade to RC2 immediately..

I am waiting because i need the anti-spam plus a few other nice new features and i don't want to introduce my customers to a new look and feel only to change yet again in a few days. most of my clients are completely new to the whole control panel thing. I am also excited to use it :D just a kid at heart i like to play with all the new toys.

Yash said:
I do not understand what you are waiting for. HSphere 2.3 is perfectly stable and working fine..

Because previous upgrades and changes to your servers have resulted in a big mess and it's more work to fix it afterwards than to wait for the upgrade to happen and do it once.

I don't think you realize the time it takes to make sure everything is working properly and to make fixes or wait for tickets to be answered because a component or something else isn't configured properly.

I've never had my site once migrate without problems...so I am sure you can understand why I would rather wait.

Yorri, this comes nothing close to a migration..

This is simply upgrading the control panel. 2 weeks ago, we updated the control panel to HSphere 2.3 patch 5 without you guys even noticing. We had to update not only the cp server but also the win servers in that case

So are you telling me that you can guarantee that their upgrade scripts will work 100% without errors or without causing unexpected problems on your server setup? That would be a rediculous claim. I've seen how software can work perfectly fine on one system and not work on another. This is very common as you should be very well aware of.

In addition, 2.4 is a much bigger change of the software than just a patch.

I'd rather be cautious and wait until the upgrade has been successful before I do any more things on my sites. It will mean less work in the end for me if something were to fail, that's all.

Yorri, the upgrade won't make any changes to IIS or the server or the user directory. It will only makes changes to the hsphere directory on the windows servers (which contain the hsphere managment scripts) and on the actual control panel server (which is on linux1)

The only problem I can forsee is with the MySQL and postgresql databases. But we have taken significant precautions for that

Sounds good....as I said, can't wait. I've been waiting for some of these features (ftp users, awstats etc) since I signed up last year and this will make Hspere the best control panel I've worked with to date.

2.3 is good but is missing some those basic features I've had elsewhere.

Yash said:
This is simply upgrading the control panel

You must understand that even the most simpliest of things can fall apart and cause unforseen problems. The recent events here at JH provide ample justification for us as customers to be cautious.

The wisest thing for you to do is not make promises about someone else's software, or absolute claims of any kind. Acknowledge our concerns, provide assurances that you have contingency plans in place in case something does go wrong, and keep us in the loop as the plans progress and/or change. This will guarantee you an understanding and satisfied customer base, even if things don't go according to plan.

Back