HSphere 2.4

Yash said:
HSphere 2.4 is in BETA 4. I think its still a few more weeks before we see a RC release

And yorri, as I said I appologize for the issues that you have experienced with us (JMAIL and ASP not functioning). And as I said before, I believe both these issues were resolved under 6 hours for you. I think your website is all set on the new servers and you shouldn't have any further problems. These issues have nothing to do with HSphere.

Thanks Yash...

Was the voting thing supposed to be only a time specific thing or did they close it because they don't the opinion of their hosts anymore?

Were now up to Beta 5! When are they gonna cut this beta crap out and release RC 2? are you going to upgrade the first RC release? That would be nice. :D

and no... i wont stop asking. lol. :D

We'll upgrade when it goes RC. Some people have complained of stability issues with BETA 5 so we want to wait

MAKhosting said:
Were now up to Beta 5! When are they gonna cut this beta crap out and release RC 2? are you going to upgrade the first RC release? That would be nice. :D

and no... i wont stop asking. lol. :D

Well when they finally get to the point where it doesn't suck they will get out of beta! You expect better from Psoft?

yorri said:
Well when they finally get to the point where it doesn't suck they will get out of beta! You expect better from Psoft?

yorri, signup for a reseller plan and you'll find out why resellers love HSphere.

Yash said:
yorri, signup for a reseller plan and you'll find out why resellers love HSphere.

If you can deal with its limitations AND deal with Psoft AND deal with problems every upgrade...sure I can understand why someone would like it.

Personally I have had better experiences with other control panels and better control.

I am talking from the perspective of a user, not a reseller. I don't care about the perspective of a reseller as I am a customer so I don't understand why you would tell me that.

yorri, HSphere is still the most mature and stable control panel system out there that I've worked with. The system is well designed internally but may seem complicated from the outside

Hsphere 2.4 has a totally new interface which I'm sure you'll love. I know somehow who has a demo deployed and I'll see if I can get a link for all of you to test it.

We did consider switching to Helm if you remember. But the 3rd party software implementation for many components is buggy. Infact I received a few emails from customers expressing their concerns about Helm. Hosting controller also has lots of bugs from what I read.

Do you have any other CP suggestions?

Well I don't have a problem with the existing Hsphere as long as my email and websites work.

If you can pull it off upgrading to 2.4 without us having any downtime or having to fix multiple problems (like I have had to do twice since last summer/fall) then I am sure we will all be happy. I just don't want to have to spend days making sure everything is working again with clients getting frustrated in the meantime because I am not getting their emails or they can't access pages I setup for them to use.

Features are great but not if we have to deal with problems every few months.

Idd uptime is the most important off all things, features
is just extra.

I think every host have to keep their aimes mainly focused
on uptime and support.

of course, that is and always has been our priority.

A control panel upgrade in no way affects the availability of our systems. It only affects the availability and functionality of the control panel. And we will not upgrade to 2.4 till we are convinced that it is stable enough and 99% of the bugs have been fixed.

It's been 16 days since last post...any news on Hspere 2.4 or is it still sitting in Beta 5?

=======

I found it...I didn't realize AWStats wasn't supported until 2.4 version. I thought it was introduced in 2.3. Oh well...I will be so happy to get this. This is what I used over at Webhost4life, then I switched to another host and they used LiveStats...I don't know why but I prefered the cleaner more simple interface of AWStats to LiveStats. I am not that aware of the differences between the 2 but AWStats definitely gave me the most useful information I needed so I was happy with it.

I checked out the new interface (or new skin??) http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/new_design24b3.html Looks very nice.

I also see they are still in Beta 5 but what I did notice is that they didnt' have to fix very much...I think the list was only 3 things compared to around 15 changes the previous beta...Maybe they are getting closer to RC as tommorrow will make a month in Beta 5 and they haven't released Beta 6.....YET.

Can't wait...also would like to see what we get with Webshell 4.

K, said enough now.

Sadly it is still in beta5.

yorri said:
It's been 16 days since last post...any news on Hspere 2.4 or is it still sitting in Beta 5?

=======

I found it...I didn't realize AWStats wasn't supported until 2.4 version. I thought it was introduced in 2.3. Oh well...I will be so happy to get this. This is what I used over at Webhost4life, then I switched to another host and they used LiveStats...I don't know why but I prefered the cleaner more simple interface of AWStats to LiveStats. I am not that aware of the differences between the 2 but AWStats definitely gave me the most useful information I needed so I was happy with it.

I checked out the new interface (or new skin??) http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/new_design24b3.html Looks very nice.

I also see they are still in Beta 5 but what I did notice is that they didnt' have to fix very much...I think the list was only 3 things compared to around 15 changes the previous beta...Maybe they are getting closer to RC as tommorrow will make a month in Beta 5 and they haven't released Beta 6.....YET.

Can't wait...also would like to see what we get with Webshell 4.

K, said enough now.

Yash said:
As soon as it goes RC, we'll upgrade. Not in beta however. PSOFT has strongly recommended against this version for production use for companies having over 100 accounts.

actually, they recommend not upgrading for over 1,000 accounts... not 100

MAKhosting said:
actually, they recommend not upgrading for over 1,000 accounts... not 100

Oh... But we still don't qualify. We got quite a few number of accounts :(

And they do not recommend upgrading at the moment if you are a Windows host.. So we'll wait for RC

Yash said:
Oh... But we still don't qualify. We got quite a few number of accounts :(

And they do not recommend upgrading at the moment if you are a Windows host.. So we'll wait for RC

YES please wait...we've had enough problems...

Back