HSPHERE Help

Ok, I took the plunge and bought the Lite Reseller account. Sign up was great. Since it was late at night, I hopped on Live Chat to see if there was anything I could do to help facilitate verification. The rep said sure, they would call for verification. Two minutes and I was ready to go. That was excellent.

So I follow the step-by-step guide up until the paying account - i dont need that YET.

I want to setup my own accounts to mess with and learn hsphere. I tried making a plan for Windows, CF and Unix.

Should I make another account name and then add plans or should i just add plans to my service account username?

And what do I do to make sure these aren't available for purchase once I get going.

Any other tips or suggestions?

Thanks

There is only one reseller admin account through which you can create plans. You can then signup accounts under these plans.. When you create a service account, it has to be under one of the created plans thta has "service domain" ticked as an option.

You can't add plans to your service account username. Your service account is like any other end-user account meant for hosting.

To make sure no plans are available for hosting, just ensure signup access is turned OFF. Following the stepbystep guide in its entirety will cover pretty much all the basics

Finishing the step by step guide is my recommendation.. whether or not you plan to offer paid hosting. It covers important information

Now if I want to host multiple web sites, would I need to choose a plan for each web site. And can I have these under the same username. Or do i have to have a different username for every web site?

Basically you create plans. In each plan, you can specify how many websites that customer can host under that plan and what all resources are available to him.

Now when a customer signups up for that plan, an end-user account is created for him. From that end-user account, the customer can use all the resources under that plan and host as many websites as allowed by that plan.

He cannot choose a different plan for each website. He'd have to signup for multiple accounts under different plans to host websites under different plans. I only see this done if a customer wants to host both windows & linux sites, he then creates a linux and a windows account.

Each account/username can host unlimited websites. It is only limited by how many websites you specify in that plan for that account

Back