HSphere XML API Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Web Coding' started by thdrought, Apr 12, 2005.

1. thdrought

thdrought Perch

Looking for someone to help code the HSphere XML API signupUser function. I have figured it how it works, and have a good working sample of a DomainServices feature, but, due to my lack of skills with SOAP:Lite, have roblems completing the connection to the signupUser class needed to make custom signup scripts into HSphere.

Anyone interested in helping, for the script, or for a fee? Email me at thdrought@geonetworking.com. Documentation can be located at http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/customization/user_signup_customization.html .
  2. largerabbit

largerabbit Perch

Hi there,

Are you having problems generating an authtoken? Or forming the request to signup a new user?
  3. thdrought

thdrought Perch

I have the authtoken working good. Can make calls to the checkUser and signupUser classes. I have a good working script for checkUser too. But, I am getting this message when making the call to signupUser:

soapenv:Server.userException java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas? Do you have it working?
  4. Emagine

Emagine Perch Staff Member

when trying a few things out i also have seen this messge a few times.

and s said in the other thread. ive not looked at soap at all.... and haven't touched perl in my life.
  5. largerabbit

largerabbit Perch

I only see that error when I have passed a bad authtoken to the service I am calling.

I currently don't use the signup methods, just use the api to retrieve disk space/transfer etc. I will have a play later this week.
  6. Emagine

Large rabbit what language are you using to use the API?

because we have only got it working in perl(CGI).

i think everyone is looking to see what languages are being used .. I know i am
  7. thdrought

thdrought Perch

I located the problem. It is caused whenever you fail to pass a piece a information.

Too bad the API instructions are so poorly written.
  8. largerabbit

largerabbit Perch

Hi Emagine,

I am using Perl along with SOAP::Lite at the moment, but there is a good .net (VB) example that wraps up some of the API functionality. It is at http://www.gotchasoft.com/ I have tested it and it works.
  9. CyberSoda

CyberSoda Guest

I will pay anyone $200.00 to get a successful signup via the HSphere XML API using ColdFusion via my server. Please help! I enabled the API per the instructions and I can view a list of available sources from http://(my host):8180/psoft/servlet/AxisServlet but when I click on any of the wsdl links I get the following message
    "HTTP Status 404 - Psoft/servlet/services/PGPServices
    type Status report.
    The requested resource (/psoft/servlet/services/PGPServices) is not available."
    #1.) I don't know if this is error normal or not. I restarted HSPhere as well.
    #2.) I'm new to XML. I've been made attempts using CFHTTP, CFXML, CFINVOKE, and the CF custom tag CFX_SOAP (available at CFDEV.com) but no luck.
    I just need some help.
    Thanks in advance to anyone willing to assist me. Again, get it to work and I will paypal you $200.00
    Ryan
    RMoody2@cfl.rr.com
  10. Emagine

ive got asp working with the xml api quite well, the only issue /; one i have tried un sucessfullky is the sign up one, i get an error that im not sure to solve, and no one seems to know the issue, and hsphere aren't helping at all.