HTML Webmail ??

Discussion in 'Email Support' started by rokkein, Mar 15, 2006.

1. rokkein

rokkein Guppy

Do any of the provided Webmail applications support HTML email? I've been using Horde and it doesn't.

I'd like to see a new web based email system employed here. I think all the options provided are pretty sad.

Anyone agree?
  2. bored_admin

bored_admin Perch

Kind of agree.
    Many hosts provide a paid service instead of just open-source. I bet it goes down to wether hsphere supports it or not.

I was told though, that with the next patch oh hsphere 2.5. its adds MS exchange server support. And that jodo would possibly then get a license and provide that too.
  3. Yash

Yash Bass

exchange 2003 is definately on the cards..
    But it isn't going to be free
  4. twoolums

twoolums Perch

I'd pay for exchange hosting with OWA available. :)
  5. WebFire

WebFire Perch

I can view HTML emails in Horde.
  6. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

I have also seen HTML mail in HORDE.
  7. Penhall

Penhall Perch

For the most part I can view HTML email in Horde except with some oddball stuff.

Try going to: http://demo.atmail.com/atmail.pl and enter your email server/login info - nifty little webmail system.
  8. Yash

Yash Bass

any suggestions?
  9. zaboss

zaboss Perch

DWMail? Many here (including myself) already use it.
  10. QuietCalm

QuietCalm Perch

Hi

DWmail is also my suggestion. I have used it at other hspherehosts and the customers really liked it.

QuietCalm
  11. WebFire

WebFire Perch

Why not just purchase your own DWMail and brand it for your company?
  12. dlrmartin

dlrmartin Perch

I really like atmail. please consider it.
  13. Yash

Yash Bass

i see nothing wrong in adding DWMail, will talk to Tanmaya..
    I do see how important webmail here is, and we are welcome to suggestions such as these
  14. dlrmartin

dlrmartin Perch

really I can't see nothing better between horde and dwmail...
    If you want to jump to next step, I think you need to research for other product with improved interface like atmail or other, may be using ajax.
    my 2 cents.
  15. Penhall

Penhall Perch

Personally I've always liked smartermail at smartertools.com but its windows based and I think the mail servers at JH are all *nix.
  16. OJM

OJM Perch

17. Hello all!!

I was close to write a new thread, but I think this one is about the same topic I need to ask.

I'm using squirrelmail to manage my mails, it has an option for send HTML mails. But, what I need is to design my mail in another web page editor and then send it with the resulting format.
    I use copy/paste but nothing, it does not keep the original format. I think the only way is to design tne mail inside the squirrelmail editor...Am I unfortunately right?...or there is any way to do what I need?

thanks a lot