Hurricane

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
I am safe here at my home, power is going on and off. UPS system is not working becasue even with the cable modem on, the sync to comcast is going down, so comcast seems to not have a UPS on their side.

Police and county govt is recommending everyone stay home, so I am doing that.
I will post here and be available as much as possible during the next 24-36 hours.

Just as a note, I was in the datacenter when the power outages first started happening, servers are going right along like nothing ever happened. Only things that might be issue is with me/my home, not the servers.

I am in Miami Shores, whew, no power for over 12 hours, and it is stil going on and off regularly, posting here while I can.

Stephen said:
I am in Miami Shores, whew, no power for over 12 hours, and it is stil going on and off regularly, posting here while I can.

Well, Katrina was a p....y....wait for one like IVAN the terrible...lol....z

Katrina was pretty bad, so far 6 people are dead, possibly more, and this is only the first landfall, it is going to hit again as a cat 3 or 4 storm.

Stephen, could you summarize how Jodo secure the datacenter in Florida from Hurricanes (flooding, network backbone outage)? My friend had asked me to do a professional web site for her. So now uptime and reliability is more important than when I was experimenting with scripting for personal use.

The datacenter can withstand a class 5 hurricane :) Infact the safest place for anyone to be during a hurricane is withgin the datacenter. Also, it has backup generators and UPS. It can run without electricity for several days. Infact only recently when power was knocked out in miami, the datacenter was running on backup

Back