HVM5 - issue node - RAM swapped, all up.

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are checking HVM5, it is having an issue on the node, and it is coming on and then going off, there is either a fan not working (but not alerting for such, and most are working), or an issue in the power supply or motherboard.

We are working to resolve this matter, may attempt to get up and then plan scheduled maintenance time.

Re: HVM5 - issue node

I actually believe it is an issue in the RAM.

All other factors look good, fans reporting fine, power supply is showing healthy, all indicators are some issue in the RAM since it is going into some rebooting loops.

I have powered the machine off while I get to the datacenter to change out the RAM. At this point the continued rebooting could actually damage the other systems on the server more than just letting it to power down while I am in transit (15 min or so from office to there)

RAM swapped, it came up to the boot recovery options, which I am now doing a reboot properly from.

One VM being stubborn but it is the only one, and it is almost done booting.

(and all up)

It just rebooted again, it came right up, but such reboots are not normal or good, and some issue outside of the RAM now.

There is an error that may be correctable by software, going to try to update that DLL, it may require a reboot.
I will hold off on reboot till after 9PM CDT if at all possible.

Back