HVSQL1 issue - resolved

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are checking on HSSQL1 it stopped responding a few moments ago, upon logging into the server to check on SQL stopping response the server also stopped responding.

Re: HVSQL1 issue - checking

having a very odd issue on the machine even locally, will update soon. Not sure if power supply or what here.

Nevermind that, USB keyboard acting up replugging fix that, so we are making progress now.

It is up and going now, There was a blue screen caused by a windows bug, it got stuck rebooting into the windows recovery console and the keyboard connector has vibrated out ever so slightly making it impossible to control the options. We were able to get that resolved and get in after a hard reboot and a quick disk scan that passed no problem.

It looks like this matter has returned and I will need to be finding a new home for this server. I am working on this matter now.

looks like it is again hung at the recovery console options, so not coming up. We will bring it up and migrate it away ASAP, tech is enroute now to do this.

Re: HVSQL1 issue - hardware problem tech enroute

files are moving to new server now.

the first attempt to copy made a crash again, I am going another route now, should this fail we will pull the drives and recreate the array on a new server and bring up in that manner.

going to be 35-45 min here, but we 'll get this issue behind us.

File copy going reliably this time, but as a slower pace for sure.

Well it isn't booting up on the new hardware so we have have to take another route here, working on removing the drives from the array and will provide and update ASAP.

Almost done with the file copy from the array directly. It took us a little longer than expected to get it detected set the RAID array up and recognized on the new hardware.

Windows booted this time, having to reboot due to platform change from Intel to AMD CPUs.

ok We've been up for a bit now I just wanted to check it out before giving the all clear.

Back