hwwin1 - up but needing more work.

Re: hwwin1 is down

Rebooted server but no help, looks some other issue, checking it further and will post an update soon.

I am now here, I was on the road initially, but the problem is more advanced than expected, there is an error on the logging Raid array, the client data is intact but the MBR to boot windows was on the logging array.
I am working now to repair the boot process.

The automated tools are not working to restore it, I am working on some alternative means, there is no reaosn to have to do any data recovery since the data is intact, just need to rebuild the MBR.

Time to move to plan B, as this is simply not working, I have even bought a MBR tool to rebuild a MBR and it is not repairing at all, MS tools not working. I have even tried repairing to a new hard drive, hard drive array etc.

We are on the way up with one HD, I had to do some extensive partition editing so to ensure no risk to data, I broke the RAID main data array and did it only on one drive.

We will have to either prep an in place migration, or put a new drive in to rebuild to in the next 24-48 hours.

After coming up, it rebooted itself again, answering the question of what to do quite simply, that it is changing hardware.

I am right now simply trying to get it to the point of stable so we can have clients up while prepping new hardware, if this were cloud I could do an in place move, but it is not an option here now.

It is staying up now, will update more with plans for it after getting hardware in place.

Back