I have noticed customer demand for both ASP.NET & ColdFusion

I have had several requests for the necessity of both ASP.NET and ColdFusion MX together on the same server. Is Jodohost planning on offering this sometime in the future?

I was under the impression that they were both perfectly compatible. As a developer myself, I would not mind this option at all either. Sorry for all the questions today!

they are conpatible, but its industry standard these days having CF on a server without asp and asp.net

if you ask very very nicely to jodohost they may create an account on win6 that last time i knew had both on, but i would not gaurantee it.

ASP and CF are too heavy and resources intensive, if offered on a single server. Offering them on different servers enhances their performance and stability. That's why at Jodo both are not offered together. They are being offered on seprate servers for months now.

Ravi said:
ASP and CF are too heavy and resources intensive, if offered on a single server. Offering them on different servers enhances their performance and stability. That's why at Jodo both are not offered together. They are being offered on seprate servers for months now.

Okay this makes perfect sense. Thank you all.

Ok, I can pull you up a list with tons of big hosting companies that offer ColdFusion and ASP.NET. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I've seen ColdFusion offered without ASP/ASP.NET so I don't know how that is an industry standard...

I also have a few applications that use ColdFusion primarily but utilize .NET components so that means I can't even move them here from my old host... :(

It is a cost and stablity factor, CFis far to expensive to install on every windows server, and is not stable when it runs with so many other services, we have run it that way in the past, and running CF alone is far better.

Ok, is there the possibility to allow at least a few plans if needed? After I found out about this situation, I did some research and I found CF versions of the .NET components that I was using so I can re-write the sites I have to be CF-only w/o too much trobule it seems but if I run into a situation where I need both, is there a way you can make an exception to this rule on a case-by-case basis if needed (I beleive somebody mentioned something about this being possible on WIN6).

Don't mean to be a pain in the but but I do get some weird projects that I need CF and .NET in order to save myself weeks of coding something in CF that's already available in .NET...

Win6 is not open to signups, and at this point we can not move sites to it, I would need to speak with you via email about the circumstances to see what we can do for you.

Back